- 2 15 oz. cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and mashed
- 2 celery stalks and leaves, minced
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish or minced pickles
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Your favorite sandwich bread
- Pulse the garbanzo beans in a food processor. They don’t need a lot of processing, just enough to get that flaky “fish” texture. Pulse about five times, then scrape down the bowl and do a few more.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pulsed beans along with all the remaining ingredients excluding the bread, mixing well.
- Eat the salad as is, or scoop it onto your favorite bread!
Keywords: mayo-free, vegan tuna salad, healthy, plant-based, oil-free