Vegan Caesar Dressing
This vegan caesar salad dressing is healthy, easy to make, nut-free and contains no oil. It’s perfect for classic ceasar salads and also works well as a dip, spread or sauce.
If you’re looking for a go-to dairy-free caesar dressing, this is perfect! It’s super easy to make, nut-free and tastes just like the real thing.
- Dietary Needs: Vegan, gluten-free and nut-free.
- Whip is up in seconds with just a few simple ingredients.
- This dressing oil-free and actually rich in plant-based protein.
- You’ll be surprised by the briny, tangy flavour and creamy texture.
- Use for caesar salad, kale caesar salad, green salads or as a dip or sauce or things like fries or roasted vegetables.
- Mayo-Free: This dressing uses soft tofu instead of mayo or cashews.
- Perfect for making plant-based caesar salad at home.
- Tofu: The recipe calls for soft tofu. You can use silken tofu but I use regular soft tofu. Just drain the water from the package before use.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic or garlic powder works. I prefer garlic powder here for convenience but if you love garlic, garlic cloves will add more bite.
- Dijon: Any variety of dijon mustard works.
- Miso Paste: Make sure you use the miso paste, it really makes the dressing! You can use white or yellow miso paste.
- garlic – fresh garlic or garlic powder works, I actually prefer garlic powder but if you really love garlic, cloves will add a bit more bite
- Lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar: I like the combo of both of these for the ideal tanginess. If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar or white vinegar.
How to Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
To make this dressing, blend everything up until smooth and creamy.
Quick Note: If you need to adjust the thickness, add water 1 teaspoon, blend again and repeat as needed until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Makes enough for 1 large caesar salad that would serve 4.
- Feel free to double if you want to make extra and store in the fridge.
How to Use
Of course, this dressing is perfect for classic caesar salads but it’s also yummy as a dip, sauce, spread or dressing for other salads. Try it with any of these recipes:
- vegan kale caesar salad
- vegan buffalo cauliflower wraps
- buffalo cauliflower kale salad
- spicy chickpea wraps
- roasted chickpea kale salad
You can also use it on pizza, as a dip for fries, pita or raw veggies or drizzled over any buddha bowl.
- Almond Satay Sauce
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Dijon Vinaigrette
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
- Maple Dijon Dressing
- Miso Tahini Dressing
Did you try this recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review and be sure to tag me @runningonrealfood if you post it on social media.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 3/4 cup
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This zesty vegan caesar salad dressing is perfect for classic caesar salads with romaine and croutons but also works well as a dip, sauce or spread.
- heaping 1/2 cup of soft tofu (150 g)
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- To adjust thickness, add water 1 teaspoon at a time, blend again, check and repeat as needed until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Makes enough for 1 large caesar salad that would serve 4. Feel free to double if you want to make extra and store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 44
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
Keywords: vegan caesar dressing, vegan caesar salad dressing
This is so salty! I doubled everything else to make it less so, but it’s still way too salty. You may want to amend that part of the recipe or check for typos.
Hi Loren, I don’t find it too salty and haven’t had that feedback so I am sorry it was too salty for you! I find it needs that much to season the tofu and balance all the acidity. I appreciate you adding your feedback for others though.
My husband and I just made this dressing and LOVED IT!!! It is so flavorful. Thank you!
I didn’t have silky tofu and used semi firm, lovely and thick so needed extra water. Nice flavour combo.thanks
I see that some say it taste exactly like the original Caesar dressing, I would say it is an amazing replica of Caesar dressing but not exactly. It will definitely be my “go to” forever more and it is adjustable to your liking (as any recipe)I used fresh garlic and lots of it and it was amazing! I also love the natural ingredients that it’s made with. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for trying it!
So easy and so delicious! The best vegan Caesar dressing I’ve tried.
Perfect! Glad you enjoyed it, Erin…and I would have to agree!