Zucchini Chickpea Burgers
These Zucchini Chickpea Burgers are full of flavour and hold together through cooking. These burgers are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free
These veggie burgers are made with chickpeas, zucchini, tahini, lemon, oats and a handful of yummy flavour boosters such as garlic. Best thing about these beauties, if you cook them over medium heat in a good non-stick skillet, they come out crispy and perfect on the outside, soft on the inside and they hold together nicely! The fact that they hold together actually makes them perfect for grab-n-go snacking next day too!
I typically eat these with a big salad on the side but they’re also amazing on a delicious bun topped with all your favourite veggie burger toppings. Avocado, lettuce and tomato makes a great combo! Try adding an extra drizzle of tahini on top too…amazing.
Here are some more hand-held meals you’ll love:
- Spicy Chickpea Wraps with Spinach and Avocado
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wraps
- Quinoa Beet Burger
- Spicy Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- Chickpea Stuffed Zucchini Boats
These delicious veggie burgers and full of flavour and perfect on a bun piled high with your favourite toppings!
- 2 cups (350 g) cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 (150 g) red onion, finely diced
- 1 (200 g) zucchini, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest, optional for extra lemon flavour
- 3 tbsp (45 g) tahini
- 1 cup (100 g) quick oats
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and mash with a fork. It’s okay if some whole chickpeas are left but it should be mostly mashed up. It can be chunky though.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 9 patties.
- Lightly spray a good non-stick skillet with cooking oil and heat pan over medium heat. Cook the burgers for approximately 10 minutes per side until crisped and firm.
If you stick to the weighed measurements as above, the mixture should be perfect for forming patties. If you find it’s a bit too wet though, simply add more quick oats, 1 tbsp at at time until you can form patties. You can also make them bigger if you want!
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Protein: 6
Keywords: healthy, gluten-free, easy, hand-held