Coconut Yogurt Chia Pudding
This vegan coconut yogurt chia pudding features plant-based yogurt for an extra thick and creamy version of classic chia seed pudding. All you need to make the chia pudding is chia seeds, coconut yogurt and almond milk. Once it’s ready, load it up with your favourite toppings and enjoy for an easy breakfast, snack or dessert.
How to Make Chia Pudding
Chia Pudding Liquid
You can use water or any plant-based milk to make basic chia pudding. I usually use unsweetened almond milk. For this recipe, since the base is coconut yogurt, you only need 3 tablespoons of extra liquid. I used unsweetened almond milk but you can use any plant-based milk you like.
Yogurt Chia Pudding Toppings
The fun part, the toppings. You can definitely eat this chia pudding plain but I’d recommend adding some yummy toppings for extra nutrition and flavour. Here are some of my favourites:
- Cacao nibs, or dairy-free chocolate chips for a real treat – melt them first, even better!!
- Unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
- Coconut bacon for a sweet and salty, YUM!
- Any kind of berries – strawberries, blueberries, blackberries…so good.
- Sliced banana.
- Sautéed apple or pear – so good…just add chopped apples or pear to a pan with a splash of water and some cinnamon and cook until soft. You could also bake them like in this recipe, chop it up and use that for your topping.
- Any kind of nut or seed butter – almond butter, tahini, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter – a must-have in my opinion.
- Date caramel for a special treat. Combine with melted dark chocolate or dairy-free chocolate chips for an amazing dessert.
- Any kind of nuts. Pistachios, pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews are all great. Try toasting them first for extra flavour.
- Any kind of seeds. Try hemp seeds, sunflower seed or pumpkin seeds.
- A scoop of pumpkin puree.
- Top with cinnamon roasted sweet potato or butternut squash and a drizzle of almond butter.
- Try a carrot cake version by adding grated carrot, raisins and coconut.
- Try a banana nut version but adding sliced bananas, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Try a tropical version topped with chopped fresh mango and a spritz of fresh lime juice.
That’s about all I can think of right now but really, anything goes. Pictured is cacao nibs, coconut, blackberries, banana and sunflower seed butter.
Vanilla Coconut Yogurt Chia Pudding
This vanilla coconut yogurt chia pudding can be made with any non-dairy yogurt and milk. I like vanilla coconut yogurt but cashew or almond yogurt would also work. You can also use plain unsweetened yogurt to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe.
Recipe Nutrition Details
This recipe serves one and is 268 calories with 34 grams of carbohydrates, 16 grams of fat and 5 grams of protein (if you use something close to store-bought vanilla coconut yogurt). You’ll also be getting 15 grams of fibre, of your daily iron and of your daily calcium (if you use fortified almond milk). It’s also rich in magnesium, essential fatty acids and provides probiotics for a healthy gut.
More Chia Seed Recipes
If you’re loving this coconut yogurt chia pudding, you might like these other chia seed recipes:
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you’re after more easy vegan breakfast recipes, you might like these ones too:
Strawberry Beet Smoothie Bowl // Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl // Vegan Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos // Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls // Stuffed Acorn Squash Breakfast Bowls // Golden Coconut Apple OatmealPrint
- 1/2 cup vanilla coconut yogurt (125 g, or non-dairy yogurt of choice)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (24 g)
- 3 tbsp almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- Topping ideas: cacao nibs, almond butter, tahini, sliced banana, chopped apple, raisins, goji berries or chopped dates, chopped nuts, coconut, fresh or frozen berries
- Combine all ingredients together in a small dish and mix until thoroughly combined and there are no clumps. Place in the fridge for an hour up to overnight. Once thickened, add your favourite toppings and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: easy, coconut chia pudding, healthy, quick, plant-based