This creamy vegan tomato soup is one of the easiest soups I’ve ever made. All you need to do is blend up some cashews to make cashew cream them mix that into diced tomatoes, broth, onion and garlic. This soup is oil-free, gluten-free, vegan and great for food prep.
Easy Vegan Meals
You can have this healthy tomato soup on the table in about 15 minutes. It’s perfect for those weeknights when you don’t want to think much about dinner and just need something fast and healthy. After you cook up the onions and garlic it’s just matter of heating the rest of the ingredients through then blending for the ultimate creaminess.
Having a handful of quick and easy vegan meals in your back pocket is perfect for those long days when the last thing you want to do is spend more time in the kitchen preparing food. Here are a few other easy meal ideas:
Creamy Cashew Vegan Tomato Soup
To create the creaminess for this recipe, I used raw cashews and broth to create a cashew cream. Other than that, all you need is a can of diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, a few spices and about 15 minutes.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, see notes
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes (optional, for spicy soup)
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp each dried basil and oregano
- 1 – 28 oz can whole tomatoes with their juices
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- chopped fresh dill, green onion, basil or chives, for topping
- Place the almond milk and cashews in a blender and process until completely smooth.
- In a soup pot, sauté the onions and garlic in a splash or water or broth for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the cashew mixture, stir well and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can use an immersion blender in the pot but I’d recommend transferring it to a blender for the best results.
- Serve topped with fresh cracked black pepper and chopped fresh herbs or green onion.
If you don’t have a high-powered blender you may want to soak the cashews for 4 hours up to to overnight before using. To soak them, place them in a bowl and cover with water. Once they’re one soaking, drain, rinse and use as needed.
I hope you enjoy this easy to make, healthy soup! I ate mine with loads of fresh dill and some crushed tortilla chips on top and it was amazing.
It would also be delicious with a toasted sandwich on the side. Mmmm, now what kind to make? What kind of sandwich would you eat with this soup??
If you try this recipe, please do come back and leave me a comment with your results. I love hearing your feedback!