Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
This vegan cream of broccoli soup is incredibly easy to make with just a handful of healthy ingredients. This recipe is oil-free, low-fat, low-carb, full of flavour and keeps well for healthy meals all week.
What kind of stock to use?
I should really make my own vegetable stock at home but I always forget to save my veggie bits and pieces. If you make your own vegetable broth, amazing. Keep it up!
I usually buy organic bouillon cubes to make soups that way I always have broth on hand ready to go whenever I need it. You can also buy carton vegetable stock to use in homemade soups however I recommend purchasing a good quality, organic one.
The ingredients in Pacific Organic Vegetable Broth, for example, are: water, carrots, onion, celery, tomatoes, leeks, sea salt, mushrooms, garlic, savory leaf and ground bay leaf. Perfect, no added salt or sugar or other ingredients I don’t need. Imagine brand has a similar ingredient list.
Whether you use bouillon cubes or carton vegetable broth, I’d recommend springing for the good stuff. The taste and nutrition is worth it. If you make your own vegetable stock, even better.
Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
I used to love a can of Campbell’s Cream of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup when I was a kid. That and a grilled cheese sandwich, oh man, that was my fave. Now, I’d rather skip those for something a little healthier with ingredients I feel good about. This vegan cream of broccoli soup is creamy and flavourful and I love that I can enjoy a satisfying serving without it being too calorie-laden.
You can use homemade nut milk to make this or store-bought, whatever you prefer or have on hand. I used Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk and GoBio Organic Vegetable Bouillon Cubes.
More Healthy Soups
Loving this broccoli soup? You might like recipes too:
- Curried Lentil Soup
- Easy Vegan Minestrone Soup
- Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Potato Soup
- Healthy Kale and Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Soup with Peas
- 2 small or 1 large white onion, diced (300 g, approx. 2 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (175 g, approx. 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped (75 g, approx. 1 cup)
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (450 g)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery to a pot with a few tablespoons of the vegetable stock and cook until they start to soften and become fragrant, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, stock and non-dairy milk and simmer over medium heat until all the veggies are soft and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the soup into a blender and process until smooth, or use an immersion blender in the pot. If you prefer a chunky soup, leave a few scoops of veggies behind in the pot then pour the blended soup back in to the pot and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
Keywords: easy broccoli soup, healthy broccoli soup, quick broccoli soup
Originally Posted: November 12, 2016 | Updated: April 5, 2019