Vegan Lasagna Soup
This delicious vegan lasagna soup is quick and easy to make in one pot for a healthy meal that’s perfect for satisfying a lasagna craving any night of the week!
- Dietary Features: Vegan, can be made gluten-free and oil-free.
- Quick and easy to make in one-pot in under 45 minutes.
- Made with everyday pantry staples.
- Family-friendly, everyone will love seeing this on the menu!
A complete list of ingredients with amounts and full instructions is located in the printable recipe card below. This section covers ingredient and substitution considerations.
- Olive Oil: Swap for water or broth for an oil-free recipe.
- Mushrooms: If you don’t like mushroom, it’s ok to leave these out.
- Dried Herbs: If you want to swap for fresh herbs, use 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs to replace each 1 tsp of dried.
- Crushed Tomato: If you only have diced tomatoes, that’s fine too.
- Broth: Any homemade or store-bought carton or cube vegetable broth works.
- Lasagna Noodles: Use any variety you like. If you need the recipe to be gluten-free, use gluten-free noodles. Just note cooking time on the packaging and adjust accordingly.
- Tofu Ricotta: You can use my quick and easy tofu ricotta recipe or use any store-bought vegan ricotta or regular ricotta that you like for an optional topping. Mozzarella or parmesan are also yummy!
Step-by-Step with Photos
Step 1: Saute the onion and garlic in the oil for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
Step Two: Add the mushroom and zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes.
Step Three: After the mushroom and zucchini and cooked, add the tomato paste, dried herbs and salt and cook for another couple of minutes.
Step For: Add the crushed tomato and broth and bring to a light simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
Step Five: Add the lasagna noodles and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve right away with toppings like fresh basil, tofu ricotta and fresh cracked black pepper.
Notes & Tips
- Lasagna noodles can be swapped for any kind of pasta noodle. Just note the cooking time will vary based on shape.
- If you are planning to make this ahead of time, cook the noodles separately and add them when you are ready to eat. The noodles will continue to absorb liquid once cooked.
- Veggies can be customized as needed to preference or availability. If you don’t have zucchini and mushroom, either can be omitted or swapped for bell pepper or carrot. You can also stir in a handful of spinach at the end for some greens.
- If you have a vegan parmesan or mozzarella you like, those also work well for toppings.
- The soup and noodles can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days separately.
- Reheat as needed on the stovetop or in the microwave as needed.
- Leave any toppings off until serving.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
This comforting lasagna soup is flavourful, hearty and so delicious! It’s also quick and easy to make in one-pot for a tasty meal that’s perfect for satisfying a lasagna craving any night of the week.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 g, use water or broth for an oil-free soup)
- 1 medium onion, diced (225 g)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (20 g)
- 2 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped (225 g)
- 2 small zucchini, diced (325 g)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (20 g)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 28oz can crushed tomato
- 5 cup vegetable stock (1000 ml)
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into 1’ strips
- fresh cracked pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup tofu ricotta or vegan ricotta of choice, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until translucent, roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Once mushrooms and zucchini are cooked add tomato paste, dried herbs and salt and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add them crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, add lasagna noodles and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Check noodles to ensure they are cooked and serve immediately. If you are planning to make this ahead of time, cook the noodles separately and add them when you are ready to eat. The noodles will continue to absorb liquid once cooked.
- Top each bowl of soup with fresh cracked black pepper, torn basil and tofu ricotta.
If you are planning to make this ahead of time, cook the noodles separately and add them when you are ready to eat. The noodles will continue to absorb liquid once cooked.
If you have a vegan parmesan or mozarella you like, those also work well for toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 191
- Sodium: 800 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: vegan lasagna soup, healthy lasagna soup