You’ll need just 6 simple, healthy ingredients and about 5 minutes to make these vegan hemp protein bars. Once you’ve blended the dough, pop them in the fridge and shortly thereafter, presto! Delicious and nourishing, No-Bake Vegan Hemp Protein Bars! These bars are all-natural, gluten-free, oil-free, easy to make and with a spicy kick of cinnamon, creamy almond butter and naturally sweet dates and pure maple syrup, they taste amazing too.
Hemp as a protein source
Did you know that hemp is one of the best foods you can eat for a balance of omega 3, 6, and 9? Not only is hemp high in omega-3 but it’s also very high in minerals in particular magnesium, which is key for metabolizing those omega-3’s. Hemp also contains manganese which is good for ligament and tendon pain, zinc which is important for prostrate health and testosterone production and iron which plays a roll in oxygen-carrying red blood cell production. All of these factors make hemp an excellent anti-inflammatory food.
Hemp is also:
- high in magnesium (which many people are deficient in)
- source of iron
- source of zinc
- source of omega-3
- contains antioxidants to fight free radical and prevent cancer
- and more…if there was one food that truly deserves to be called a superfood, hemp just might be it!
Hemp Protein and Hemp Seed Recipes
- No-Bake Cinnamon Raisin Hemp Seed Balls
- Almond Gingerbread Hemp Protein Balls
- Raw Hemp Seed Maca Balls
- Grain-Free Hemp Seed and Toasted Coconut Bars
- Raw Hemp Seed Brownies
I’d recommend adding hemp to your diet whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan or otherwise, it’s a serious nutritional powerhouse and it’s very easy to incorporate into recipes. These delicious bars are a place to start!
No-Bake Vegan Hemp Protein Bars
These hemp protein bars are a cinch to make. It’s just quick mix in a food processor or a high-speed blender and you’re done. Once you have that nice, thick, yummy dough, press it into a pan and let it set in the fridge or freezer until firm. You only need 6 everyday, wholesome ingredients to make them, they’re naturally sweetened with dates and pure maple syrup, have have a whole tablespoon of cinnamon for a spicy kick and blood-sugar stabilizing benefits and they make a fantastic pre-workout energy booster or healthy snack anytime you need it.
I used almond butter in these bars but you can also use tahini, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter or peanut butter. I’m definitely making them with tahini next time! I also used plain hemp protein but you could also use a naturally-sweetened vanilla or chocolate flavour if that’s what you have.Print
No-Bake Vegan Hemp Protein Bars
You only need a couple of minutes to whip up these healthy, no-bake bars made with hemp protein. They’re all-natural, nutrient-packed and totally delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 14 bars
- Cuisine: Vegan
- First place the nuts in a processor and mix until broken down. It’s okay if there are still some large pieces.
- Add in the dates and continue to mix, stopping to press down as needed.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until it forms a thick dough.
- Remove and press into a small square baking pan lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for 60 minutes or the fridge for a few hours.
- Remove and cut into 14 bars.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 8 g