Raw Hemp Seed Brownies
I am in love, love, love with these raw hemp seed brownies. You’ll only need 4 ingredients to make them: walnuts, hemp seeds, dates and cacao, there’s no baking required, they have no added sugar and they’re so nutritious you can enjoy them for breakfast, dessert or a snack anytime you feel like it. Amazingly rich and decadent chocolate flavour and texture. These are a must-try!
Hemp Seed Health Benefits
You guys know how much I love hemp seeds. I include them in my recipes all the time. From No-Bake Cinnamon Raisin Hemp Seed Balls, to Raw Hemp Seed Maca Balls, to Vegan Tahini Hemp Seed Bars, I love these superfood seeds.
Here are a few good reasons why I think everyone should enjoy these healthy seeds:
- high in magnesium (which many people are deficient in)
- source of iron
- source of zinc
- source of omega-3
- contains antioxidants to fight those free radical
- and more…if there was one food that truly deserves to be called a superfood, hemp seeds just might be it.
Hemp seeds are also one of the best foods you can eat for a balance of omega 3, 6, and 9 is hemp seeds. Not only is hemp a good source of omega-3 but it’s also very high in minerals, in particular, magnesium which is good for actually metabolizing that omega-3.
Hemp also contains manganese which is good for ligament and tendon pain, zinc which is important for prostate health and testosterone production and iron which plays a roll in oxygen-carrying red blood cell production.
How to Eat Hemp Seeds
Hemp seeds are very easy to incorporate into your diet. You can a few tablespoons to your daily smoothie, sprinkle them on oats, add them to salads or even just eat them on their own. They have a delicious nutty flavour and make a wonderful addition to any diet for all the amazing health benefits they offer.
But mostly…just use them in raw hemp seed brownies so you can enjoy all these health benefits AND eat a brownie. Win win.
Raw Hemp Seed Brownies
If you have dates, hemp seeds, walnuts and cacao in your pantry, you’re all set to make these brownies. That’s all you need. Here’s what makes these perfect chocolate squares so awesome:
- gluten-free and grain-free
- 5 grams of whole food plant protein each
- refined sugar-free
- no added sugars
- naturally sweetened with dates
- contains omega-3 essential fatty acids
- 4 grams of fiber each
- high in iron
- You can make these with regular processed cocoa powder or cacao powder. I recommend using cacao for its nutritional benefits but if you prefer, you can definitely use regular cocoa powder.
- For best results, use a kitchen scale to weigh ingredients.
- Use parchment paper, wax paper or saran wrap to line your baking dish so you can easily lift these out to cut into squares.
- These can be cut into 16 squares coming in at 160 calories each, or you can make 8 large energy bars of 328 calories each.
- These will keep in the freezer for months or the fridge for a week or so. They can be enjoyed straight from the freezer as they will not freeze solid.
- Each brownie contains 8.7 grams of fat most of which is polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Each brownie is 164 calories with 17 grams of carbohydrates, 8.7 grams of fat and 5 grams of protein.
- They’re high in minerals and antioxidants, especially if you use cacao and not regular cocoa powder.
More Vegan Brownie Recipes
Loving these simple no-bake brownies? You might like these too:Print
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until it forms a dough.
- Press the dough into a square baking pan lined with parchment, wax paper or saran.
- Place in the freezer for a couple hours to firm.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 16 squares.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 14 grams
- Fat: 8.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
Keywords: easy, 4-ingredient, raw food, healthy, oil-free, chocolate, rich, fudge