Salted Mocha Protein Bar with Coconut
These salted mocha protein bars with coconut are vegan, gluten-free, no-bake and easy to make in a food processor. Enjoy these sweet treats for an energizing snack anytime of day.
I’ve shared a number of coffee snacks on the blog before. My No-Bake Java Chip Bites, Powerful Mocha Pre-Workout Bites and my Chocolate Espresso Fudge Bars were all delicious and continue to be popular recipes on the blog.
So, let’s add one more coffee recipe to the mix! I present the Salted Mocha Protein Bar with Coconut. Trust me, they taste as good as they sound!
Coffee, coconut, almonds, protein, sea salt, dates…yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yesssss!!!
There are a couple of reasons I’ve been on a homemade protein snack kick lately. One, the kind folks at Vega keep me stocked up with plant-based protein powder. So awesome, and I’m so thankful. And two, life is extra busy right now so I need quick, healthy, tasty snacks that I can grab on the go.
So yet another no-bake protein bar has come out of the Running on Real Food kitchen. I know you guys don’t mind though, do you?
I know workout nutrition is always a little daunting for those new to a plant-based diet, but it’s actually very easy and doesn’t really differ much from any other diet. Just keep it simple! Eat mostly whole foods, stay hydrated, plan ahead, meal prep when you have time, consider supplements and of course, make your own healthy homemade protein bars!
Aside from homemade bars, my go-to pre-workout snack is usually fruit and a small amount of nuts or seeds, or maybe some hummus and veggies. For 6:30 am workouts, I usually don’t have much of an appetite so I’ll just have 1/2 a bar or 1/2 a banana. After my workout, it’s usually breakfast time, so I have oats with fruit and chia seeds, or a smoothie.
I hope you enjoy this snack recipe – it’s just another treat from me to you to keep you fuelled for all those hard-working, long, busy days I know you all have!
More No-Bake Snacks
Here are some more snack recipes you’ll love:
- No-Bake Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Balls
- Sweet and Salty No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars
- No-Bake Vegan Hemp Protein Bars
- Place the almonds in a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until broken down.
- Add the dates and coconut and mix until it forms a dough.
- Remove and place in a large bowl.
- Add the protein powder, sea salt, coconut oil and coffee.
- Use clean hands to work it all together really well.
- Line a square baking pan with saran wrap or wax paper. Press the dough into the lined pan, taking the time to really press it in.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 12 bars. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Keywords: almond protein bars, how to make protein bars