Salted Mocha Coconut Protein Bars
These no-bake salted mocha coconut protein bars are easy to prepare in minutes with just 7 basic ingredients. Enjoy for a sweet treat or energizing snack anytime of day!
- dietary needs: vegan, gluten-free, can be oil-free, no added sugar
- quick and easy: you’ll need 7 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time (plus a bit of time to firm in freezer)
- almonds – use plain, with no added salt or oil
- dates – any variety works as long as they’re soft and moist
- protein powder – use vanilla, chocolate or mocha pea protein-based powder such as or
- coconut – use unsweetened fine (may be labelled desiccated coconut)
- – use a good quality such as Maldon, grey or pink if you want to go for the “salted mocha” flavour, do not use table salt
- – can be replaced with additional coffee for oil-free bars but I really like the texture adds here
- coffee – use good, strong coffee for the most flavour…be sure to use decaf if you’re sensitive to caffeine or plan to enjoy these later in the day!
Step by Step Method
Step 1. Add the almonds to aand mix until broken down into a grainy, coarse flour. A few larger chunks left behind are ok but they should be mostly broken down.
Step 2. Add the dates to theand mix into a crumbly dough.
Step 3. Add the rest of the ingredients and process into a thick dough you can press together between your fingers. You’ll need a fairly large and powerfulfor this step. I use a Ninja and it was able to handle it.
Quick Note: If you don’t have a somewhat large and powerful, transfer everything to a large and use your hands to work the dough together.
Step 4. Line a 7-8 inch squarewith so the edges of the paper stick out of the sides of the pan. Firmly press the dough into the pan using your hands.
Take a few moments to really work it in, especially into the corners.
Place the whole pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm, then lift out of the pan, slice into bars and enjoy!
Notes and Tips
- Almonds: Almonds can be subbed or mixed and matched with with cashews and .
- Oil-Free Option: Replace with additional coffee or nut butter.
- Storing: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: I like to cut these into 24 mini-bars so I can have a small serving or double up if I want more.
- Almond Coconut Protein Bars
- Sweet and Salty No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars
- No-Bake Vegan Hemp Protein Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Energy Bars
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
Creamy, dreamy energy bars made with wholesome ingredients like dates, almonds, coconut and vegan protein powder.
- Place the almonds in a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until broken down into a coarse flour consistency. A few larger pieces left behind are ok.
- Add the dates and process into a crumbly mixture.
- If you have a large, strong food processor, add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a thick dough you can press together between your fingers. If not, add the food processor mixture and the rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and use your hands to work the dough together.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper so the edges stick out over the sides of the pan. Use your hands to firmly press the dough into the lined pan, taking the time to really press it in and work it into the corners.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 12 bars.
Coffee: Be sure to use decaf coffee if you’re sensitive to caffeine or want to enjoy these later in the day.
Almonds: Almonds can be subbed or mixed and matched with with cashews and pecans.
Oil-Free Option: Replace coconut oil with additional coffee or nut butter.
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Serving Size: I like to cut these into 24 mini-bars so I can have a small serving or double up if I wanted a larger bar.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 107 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: no-bake protein bars, mocha protein bars
Updated with new text and photos on September 29, 2020.