This healthy vegan cauliflower fried rice is so good, so easy, so healthy, so filling! My macro friends, rejoice in this low-carb satisfying cauliflower rice goodness. If you’re craving fried rice, this is the perfect, healthy, vegan alternative to the classic Asian dish.
Cauliflower is a big time staple in my kitchen. Did you know you can even use it in baking? Well, ya can! Aside from baked goods, one of my favourite ways to use cauliflower is to make cauliflower rice.
I make easy work out of it by tossing it in my food processor and it’s ready in seconds. I use this food processor and I love it!
Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
- ready in about 15 minutes
- low carb
- very low fat
- 10 grams of plant-based protein per servin
- 183 calories per serving
- super filling
- taste just like fried rice
- high in fibre
- high in vitamins and minerals
I had a craving for a fried rice-type dish today so I decided to try cauliflower rice version for dinner tonight. Since I’m tracking my macros right now, this is the perfect dish to fill me up without taking up too many of my precious carbs. It was super filling too.
If you want to boost the protein in this dish, I’d recommend adding some baked marinated tofu, tofu scramble or edamame. YUM!
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced (225 g)
- ½-1 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1½ heads of cauliflower, riced (1080 g, approx. 10 cups riced)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas (170 g)
- 1 cup frozen corn (170 g)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the sesame oil to medium-high heat in a wok or large pan.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking for 3 minutes or so until they start to soften.
- Add the red pepper flakes, riced cauliflower, peas, green onion, peas, corn and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, stir often.
- Serve immediately.