These vegan blueberry pecan muffins make an excellent breakfast on-the-go or a healthy snack anytime of the day. I just ate them as is, but they’d be awesome heated up with a dab of almond or coconut butter. With Fall coming up quickly, these are the perfect muffin to fill your home with the smells of cinnamon, blueberry and pecan.
Honestly, I’ve never been much of a muffin fan. I’ll eat them if they’re put in front of me, but it’s never been my first pick for a breakfast option or snack. Also, you may have noticed by now that I love my no-bake treats and snacks, so I’m not really one to turn the oven on if I don’t have to, but after a batch of these yummy treats, I might just be coming around to the ideas of muffins.
I adapted this recipe from Post-Punk Kitchen, which is a fantastic vegan food blog offering a ton of awesome recipes and resources. I used the recipe for Orange Cranberry Muffins, making a number of adjustments to morph them into these Blueberry Pecan bundles of joy. Chandra has been writing Post-Punk Kitchen for 10 whole years, has a number of cookbooks and is kinda vegan-famous. Anyways, she’s awesome and hilarious and you should check out her site.
Vegan Blueberry Pecan Muffins
Back to muffins. I was about to go into how these muffins are feel-good food and how they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but then I realized I say that about pretty much everything I eat. Do I love food too much? Is that possible? Haha, I probably do enjoy food too much, but I love eating plants and these little morsels don’t have one bit of animal products in them. No eggs and no dairy required! Woo! These muffins are dense, filling, have a wonderful hint of pecan and explosions of blueberry throughout. Even I can get on board with these muffins!
So without further ado, I present, Vegan Blueberry Pecan Muffins. Make some today. Do it.Print
Blueberry and pecan complement each other perfectly in these healthy, not too sweet, vegan muffins.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup cups chopped pecans
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add in oil, almond milk and vanilla. Mix until the dry ingredients are all moistened.
- Mix in the berries and chopped pecans.
- Fill lined or greased muffin tins 3/4 full and bake at 375 degrees for 25-28 minutes, or until brown on top and a knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before handling.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Makes 12 muffins.