Vegan Twice Baked Stuffed Zucchini
This Italian-inspired, vegan twice baked stuffed zucchini is very easy to make and surprisingly healthy! It’s low in fat and calories with plenty of flavour and nutrition and they look beautiful served sprinkled with fresh parsley and basil.
Quick Tips For Going Plant-Based
I’ve written a full post with tips for plant-based beginners but here are a few quick tips:
- keep it simple
- have fun
- don’t be scared to try new recipes and ingredients
- don’t take cooking and eating too seriously
- don’t be hard on yourself if you mess up
- be prepared
- cook meals at home
Eating and cooking plant-based should be fun and enjoyable and certainly not a source of stress in your life. The biggest thing with starting to move towards a plant-based diet is just to start!
Start with 1 meal a week, then 1 full day a week, then a few days a week then try it for 7 days. See how you feel!
Eat More Plants
I think everyone can benefit from eating more plant foods. You don’t have to “go vegan” to enjoy the benefits of eating vegan and vegetarian meals. This twice baked stuffed zucchini is a fun and healthy place to start trying out some meat-free meals at home. If you want to add more protein to this recipe, you could crumble in some tempeh or firm tofu to the mixture!Print
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees,
- Slice the zucchinis half lengthwise, remove some of the seeds if possible and scoop the rest of the flesh into a bowl.
- Lay the zucchinis flat on a baking dish and brush with the olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Chop up the artichoke hearts and garlic and add to a pan with zucchini flesh. Cook in a slash of olive oil, water or vegetable stock over medium-high heat for about 6-7 minutes then mix in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture into the zucchini boats then sprinkle with a little plant-based cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and basil.
Keywords: twice baked zucchini, vegan baked zucchini, stuffed zucchini