Red Curry Rice and Lentil Stew
Red curry…what, oh what would we do without you? Or green curry, or yellow curry. Any curry, really. Thank you for being a thing. I love red curry anything, so when I needed to use up a head of cauliflower and some carrots today, this delicious Red Curry Rice and Lentil Stew was born.
This is one of those super easy recipes that can all be thrown in one pot and is ready to go less than 30 minutes later. My favourite. We might as well get our curry fix during these last chilly days before sweet, sweet summer arrives and we’re all craving big, fresh salads. For now, curry on, friends.Print
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp of red curry paste
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauce pan, cook the garlic, onion and ginger over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the carrots, cauliflower and red curry paste. Stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, cover and lightly simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes until everything is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.