Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry
This red lentil cauliflower curry is a hearty stew packed with jasmine rice, red lentils, cauliflower and carrots. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free and easy to make in about 30 minutes in one pot.
This is one of those super easy recipes that can all be thrown in one pot and be ready to go less than 30 minutes later. It also happens to be vegan and gluten-free!
This recipe is great for meal prep and keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days. It can also be frozen in a sealed container for up to 2 months and thawed in the fridge.
- Onion, garlic and ginger. Mmm, curry favourites onion, garlic and fresh ginger make up flavour base of this recipe. White or yellow onion works and if you don’t have fresh ginger on hand, ground ginger will do in a pinch.
- Thai red curry paste. If you’re looking for a vegan red curry paste, Thai Kitchen is an option as it does not contain fish sauce or anchovies. Not all store-bought red curry paste is vegan, so just give the ingredient list a look if you want this recipe to be 100% plant-based.
- Carrots and cauliflower. The veggies in this recipe are carrots and cauliflower but you can always switch it up with different veggies or add additional veggies.
- Jasmine rice. Instead of serving this curry with rice on the side, the rice gets mixed right in for a quick and easy 1-pot meal!
- Red lentils. Red lentils are full of nutrition and have the perfect soft texture for curries and stews.
- Diced tomatoes. Any kind works but I like to go for a no salt added organic option if possible.
Start by cooking the onions, garlic and ginger in a little broth for a few minutes. Add the cauliflower, carrots and curry paste, stir and cook for a few more minutes. Add everything else, simmer until cooked and enjoy!
Here are some more easy stews you’ll love:
- Curried Chickpea Potato Stew
- Vegan Chickpea Curry Stew
- Lentil Sweet Potato Stew with Kale
- Vegan Chickpea Quinoa Stew
- Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
For more lentil recipes, check out this collection of the best vegan lentil recipes.
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp of red curry paste
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with the juices
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (sub brown sugar, agave or maple syrup)
- optional: 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauce pan, cook the garlic, onion and ginger in 1-2 tbsp of vegetable broth over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until softened and fragrant.
- Add the carrots, cauliflower and red curry paste. Stir and cook for a 3-4 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well, cover and lightly simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes until everything is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Option to stir in 1/2 cup of coconut milk for extra creaminess.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
Keywords: healthy, plant-based, easy
Update Note: This recipe was originally published April 26, 2015. It was updated December 2019 with new photos and text.