Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls are easy to make in minutes with just a few simple, vegan ingredients.
These simple no-bake energy bites taste like oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough! The recipe is gluten-free, oil-free, vegan and refined sugar-free and can be made in minutes in a food processor.
What You’ll Need
- Cashews. You’ll want to use “raw” cashews that have not been roasted or have added oil or salt. You can substitute the cashews with walnuts or almonds, or any combination or cashews, almonds and walnuts. That being said, I like cashews best for this recipe.
- Dates. Make sure you dates are soft and moist before using in this recipe as they help hold everything together. If they seem on the dry side, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe. Medjool, sayer or deglect noor dates are all suitable.
- Oats. Since they’ll be blended up, you can use rolled oats, quick oats or minute oats. Make sure you use gluten-free certified oats if you need the recipe to be gluten-free.
- Chocolate. Use dairy-free chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate if you want the recipe to be vegan. Otherwise, any chocolate chips work. I like Enjoy Life or Camino chocolate chips.
The recipe also calls for maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla to enhance the flavour. They’re optional but recommended!
How to Make this Recipe
Add everything but the chocolate chips to your food processor and blend into a thick dough. If for some reason, it’s not sticking together, add 1 tbsp of warm water.
Once you have the yummy cookie dough blended up, add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine. Now roll into balls and enjoy!
More Energy Ball Recipes
- Maple Flax Energy Balls
- Low-Fat Cinnamon Energy Balls
- Raw Vegan Cashew Coconut Balls
- Raw Vanilla Goji Berry Balls
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls
Cookie dough lover? Try my edible chocolate chip cookie dough and edible peanut butter cookie dough!Print
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 20
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Sweet, little bites of no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough that are healthy enough for a snack but taste like dessert!
- 1 cup (150 g) raw cashews
- 1 cup (120 g) rolled oats (use gluten-free certified if needed)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (110 g) tightly packed, soft, pitted dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (85 g) dairy-free chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate
- Place the nuts in a food processor or high-powered blender until broken down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Add the chocolate and pulse a few times to combine.
- Roll into balls and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: no-bake cookie dough balls, chocolate chip cookie dough balls
UPDATE NOTE: This recipe was originally published on December 20, 2016. It was updated in March 2020 with new photos and text.
Just made these and are a delicious snack , love all these great recipes. ????????
Awesome! So happy you liked them.
This looks super tasty, I can’t wait to try! I am also food lover, especially vegan and follow the Detox Cleanse Nourish Program which is amazing start to healthy lifestyle. These recipes offer a uniquely healthy way to lose weight by improving fat metabolism, detoxifying your liver and addressing many of the underlying factors that make you hungry. I love to follow your recipes because the ingredients you use are just those that my body needs! Thank You!
Those look really tasty and addictive … I’ll have to attempt to make them myself this weekend!
THESE ARE PERFECT! I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A SNACK LIKE THIS THAT I CAN TAKE ON THE GO. THANKS!
Yay! I love these for a snack on-the-go, so easy and so yummy!!
Sounds fairly easy, yet so yummy. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious food! I love it. Can I keep it as store? I am thinking that I will keep it for my children so that they can eat when they want to eat chocolate of shopping mall.
It seems delicious! I will do it and then I let a review here!
Baking soda is the best for vegan baking. So glad you mentioned this as an enhancer. This is great right before my daily workout. Thank you for sharing. Love the site and can’t wait to read and share more.
Great Recipe. It was really yummy and mouth watering
This looks delicious! Here’s another healthy treat that is very easy to prepare and the ingredients are readily available at the grocery. I will sure to try this recipe this coming weekend and I will let you know how well I did. This is my first time putting on some baking soda in my cookie so I am very excited! Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward for more awesome recipes we can try soon!
Wonderful recipe. Thank you for the wonderful blog. I am a hardcore foodie based out of South India. Calicut is the city where I am based and everything here is centered around food. I keep trying new recipes and this one sounds quite doable. I too write a food blog called Dinner thoughts’’ .Everything in this blog is around food, but beyond food. The blog started as a documentation of Malabar’s A princely state in South India) diverse food culture. Now it has grown beyond it.
It’s so exciting about this, I’ll definitely gonna try this on a coming weekend.
I never would have thought that baking soda would make a difference in the taste! I’m going to have to give these a try after Christmas.