Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls are easy to make in minutes with just a few simple, vegan ingredients.
These simple no-bake energy bites taste like oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough! The recipe is gluten-free, oil-free, vegan and refined sugar-free and can be made in minutes in a food processor.
What You’ll Need
- Cashews. You’ll want to use “raw” cashews that have not been roasted or have added oil or salt. You can substitute the cashews with walnuts or almonds, or any combination or cashews, almonds and walnuts. That being said, I like cashews best for this recipe.
- Dates. Make sure you dates are soft and moist before using in this recipe as they help hold everything together. If they seem on the dry side, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe. Medjool, sayer or deglect noor dates are all suitable.
- Oats. Since they’ll be blended up, you can use rolled oats, quick oats or minute oats. Make sure you use gluten-free certified oats if you need the recipe to be gluten-free.
- Chocolate. Use dairy-free chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate if you want the recipe to be vegan. Otherwise, any chocolate chips work. I like Enjoy Life or Camino chocolate chips.
The recipe also calls for maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla to enhance the flavour. They’re optional but recommended!
How to Make this Recipe
Add everything but the chocolate chips to your food processor and blend into a thick dough. If for some reason, it’s not sticking together, add 1 tbsp of warm water.
Once you have the yummy cookie dough blended up, add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine. Now roll into balls and enjoy!
More Energy Ball Recipes
- Maple Flax Energy Balls
- Low-Fat Cinnamon Energy Balls
- Raw Vegan Cashew Coconut Balls
- Raw Vanilla Goji Berry Balls
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls
- Place the nuts in a food processor or high-powered blender until broken down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Add the chocolate and pulse a few times to combine.
- Roll into balls and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: no-bake cookie dough balls, chocolate chip cookie dough balls
UPDATE NOTE: This recipe was originally published on December 20, 2016. It was updated in March 2020 with new photos and text.