Last night I was getting a little hungry a few hours after dinner and I decided it had to be something sweet. I had a fresh container of medjool dates ready to go, so I grabbed the rest of the ingredients out of the pantry and no-bake oat and almond bars were born! I don’t really have to much to say about these, they’re easy to make, they taste great and that’s pretty much it!
These were described as a peanut butter candy bar by my husband, so ya they’re alright. They’re chewy and just sweet enough with a hint of peanut butter and almond. Oh, and you only need 6 simple ingredients to whip up these tasty, little vegan treats.
These would make a great snack for hiking or any other endurance activity. They pack tons of clean energy, healthy fats and vitamins. If you’re heading out for a day of fun outdoors, try wrapping them individually for an awesome homemade energy bar. You can cut them into whatever size you like, I made mine into 9 squares but you could definitely make them a little larger.
If you don’t have any hemp seeds on hand you can sub chia seeds or even ground flax. You can use any kind of nut butter in place of the peanut butter but make sure it’s not too dry, it should be nice and goopy – yes, goopy! You’ll need it to hold the dry ingredients together.
If your mixture is too dry, try adding 1 tsp of warm water at a time until you reach the right consistency. It should stick together but not stick to your hands. Feel free to sample the dough as you go! Mmmm, dough. Most importantly….do not, I repeat…do not skip this step: ENJOY!Print
No-Bake Oat and Almond Bars (Vegan & Raw)
These no-bake bars make an excellent healthy snack anytime of day. They’re chewy and just sweet enough with a hint of peanut butter and almonds. Store them in the fridge for a quick snack for busy days on the go, or anytime you need a little treat.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the almonds and dates in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until it forms a dough and the almonds are broken down.
- Place the oats, hemp seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add the date and almond mixture the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Once it’s all mixed together, take the dough and place it on a peice of wax paper.
- Press into a square and wrap up in the wax paper.
- Place in the fridge for at least a few hours.
- Cut into squares and store in the fridge in an air-tight container.