Peanut Butter Coffee Smoothie
This peanut butter coffee smoothie is high in protein and easy to whip up in a blender in minutes. Made with frozen banana, coffee, peanut butter and protein powder you’ll love this delicious combo!
Peanut Butter Coffee Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie features all my favourite smoothie ingredients: coffee, peanut butter, frozen banana and vegan protein powder. If you want to amp up the nutrition you could always add superfoods like spinach, spirulina, hemp seeds or chia seeds to the mix.
I even added half a teaspoon of turmeric, which seems a little odd but you can’t taste it and it has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties. And the frozen banana is the key to creamy smoothies so don’t skip that part!
You could also check out my posts on the best superfoods to add to smoothies and the best vegetables to add to smoothies for more ideas. I might even sneak some frozen sweet potato or frozen cauliflower in the next one for added volume.
This smoothie is ready to fuel your next hike, or long training run, a tough morning workout or just a busy day at work. I could barely believe how good it tastes, the hint of peanut butter with coffee, chocolate and banana is unreal!
More Smoothie Recipes
Here are some more delicious smoothies you’ll love:
Or check out my vegan protein smoothie ebook here.Print
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee (add a little more if needed to reach desired consistency, I like mine super thick!)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 small or 1 large frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- a few ice cubes (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Keywords: high-protein, shake, easy, breakfast