Maca Mocha Energy Bites
I created these Maca Mocha Energy Bites specifically to enjoy before my early morning workouts and thanks to a few key energy and performance-boosting ingredients they make an awesome vegan pre-workout snack!
Sooo, what ingredients do I need for a quick, all-natural boost in energy??
Maca Mocha Energy Bites
- Medjool Dates – High in activity-fuelling carbohydrates
- Almond Butter – Healthy fats
- Strong Brewed Coffee – Caffeine can improve performance
- Vega Performance Protein – Go muscles, go!
- Cinnamon – Balance blood sugar levels
- Vega Maca – Energy and stamina
- Cocoa – Antioxidants and…it’s CHOCOLATE!
Mix up all those fabulous ingredients and you have one delicious, mocha-flavoured, high-powered ball of rocket fuel otherwise known as Maca Mocha Energy Bites!
Maca is one of my favourite superfood ingredients. I find the the easiest way to incorporate it into my diet is to add it to energy bite recipes, smoothies, chia seed pudding or oatmeal. Maca root offers a number of health benefits, let’s take a look at just a few of them!
Health Benefits of Maca
Maca is rich in vitamin B, vitamins, C, and E. It provides plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids.
Maca is known for increasing stamina and energy levels and is often used by athletes to boost performance. Those who regularly use maca powder report that it makes them feel more awake, energized, and driven. If you struggle with fatigue, you may want to consider adding maca to your diet.
Maca has been shown to help alleviate symptoms associated with depression, anxiety and stress.
4. Hormone Balance.
Maca is well known to help with hormone balance that often contributes to improving the symptoms of PMS and menopause.
Those are just a few of the known benefits of maca. There are more such as improved skin health, increased libido and fertility, strengthens hair, improved sleep, improved memory and more. If you’re looking to add one “superfood” to your diet, I think maca is a great place to start!
I hope you guys enjoy these Maca Mocha Energy Bites! They’re super easy to make, taste like mocha brownies, are completely vegan and gluten-free and will be waiting ready to energize your next workout!Print
- 2 cups packed, pitted dates
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp chocolate vegan protein powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Vega Maca
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp strong brewed coffee
- Process the dates in a food process or high-powered blender until they form a thick paste.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls and store in the fridge.
If you guys enjoy this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave me a comment below or even better, share via your favourite social media network below. You guys rock. Thanks so much! -Deryn