Fragrant, warming, nutritious and easy to make, this dish is perfect anytime for a satisfying and delicious meal.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 small yellow onions (625 g), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (375 g) dry red lentils
- 1 can coconut milk (full-fat or light)
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
- fresh cilantro for serving
- Cook the onions, ginger and garlic in the coconut oil for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently until soft.
- Add the spices, coconut milk, lentils and water or vegetable stock.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until lentils are soft and it’s thickened up.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with fresh cilantro over brown rice, quinoa, or on it’s own.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 19 g