How does this sound: vegan banana pancakes with berries…pretty good, doesn’t it? Sounds good to me, anyways!!
The base of these fluffy vegan banana pancakes is my go-to pancake recipe: flour, non-dairy milk, salt, baking powder and a bit of sweetener. They’re oil-free, sugar-free and as easy as can be to make with simple ingredients.
I switched these ones up a little by adding mashed banana (YUM) and plopping berries into the batter as it cooked (DOUBLE YUM).
Vegan Banana Pancakes with Berries
no added sugar
satisfy your pancake craving
quick and easy vegan breakfast
fluffy and delicious
use any berries
add chocolate chips for extra fun
double or triple for a family-sized batch
top with more berries, banana and pure maple syrup
For the best flavour, use an extra-ripe banana in these. If it’s covered in brown-spots, it’s perfect! These are delicious with or without the berries, so if you don’t have any on hand don’t worry about it. However, fresh or frozen berries work, so if you do, add them in for extra flavour and nutrition!
If you want to get really crazy, try adding some vegan chocolate chips! HEYYY!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 extra ripe banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia, 1 packed stevia or 1-3 tbsp pure maple syrup to taste
- ½ -1 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice, try blueberries, raspberries or blackberries or a mixture
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana and add in the milk and sweetener.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour and baking powder, stirring together until "just mixed."
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with a little cooking oil.
- Add ½ cup portions of the batter to the pan.
- Once you've added the pancakes into the pan, spread a few berries on top of each pancake.
- Let cook on medium heat until the middle starts to bubble, then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Makes 2 very large, or 4 medium pancakes.
So, how much do you guys love vegan pancakes? Cuz I’m a big fan.
Check out some of my other vegan pancake recipes:
Chia Seed Pancakes – A Running on Real Food reader favourite
Whole Wheat Fluffy Vegan Pancakes – The fluffiest vegan pancake recipe ever!
Coconut Berry Pancakes – Blueberry + coconut…HELLO!!
4-Ingredient Protein Pancakes – Yep, only 4 ingredients required!
You know I love hearing from you on social media so don’t forget to connect with me on Facebook and Instagram. And if you make these babies, tag me on Instagram @runningonrealfood so I can check it out! Looovvveee youuuu!!!! – Deryn