How does this sound: vegan banana pancakes with berries…pretty good, doesn’t it? Sounds good to me, anyways!! The base of these fluffy vegan banana pancakes is my go-to pancake recipe: flour, non-dairy milk, salt, baking powder and a bit of sweetener. They’re oil-free, sugar-free and as easy as can be to make with simple ingredients. I switched these ones up a little by adding mashed banana (YUM) and plopping berries into the batter as it cooked (DOUBLE YUM).
Vegan Banana Pancakes with Berries
- no added sugar
- satisfy your pancake craving
- quick and easy vegan breakfast
- fluffy and delicious
- use your favourite berries
- add chocolate chips for extra fun
- double or triple for a family-sized batch
- top with extra berries, banana and pure maple syrup
- egg-free and dairy-free
Extra Ripe Banana is Best
For the best flavour, use an extra-ripe banana in these. If it’s covered in brown-spots, it’s perfect! These are delicious with or without the berries, so if you don’t have any on hand don’t worry about it. However, fresh or frozen berries work, so if you do, add them in for extra flavour and nutrition! If you want to get really crazy, try adding some vegan chocolate chips! HEYYY! These would also be delicious topped with my 10-minute chia seed jam.
More Vegan Pancake Recipes
If you haven’t tried my other popular vegan pancake recipes, check these out:Print
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 extra ripe banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia, 1 packed stevia or 1-3 tbsp pure maple syrup to taste
- 1/2 -1 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice, try blueberries, raspberries or blackberries or a mixture
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana and add in the milk and sweetener.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour and baking powder, stirring together until “just mixed.”
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with a little cooking oil.
- Add 1/2 cup portions of the batter to the pan.
- Once you’ve added the pancakes into the pan, spread a few berries on top of each pancake.
- Let cook on medium heat until the middle starts to bubble, then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Makes 2 very large, or 4 medium pancakes.