- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 extra ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened almond milk is ideal
- 5–10 drops liquid stevia, 1 packet stevia or 1-3 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste (you can leave sweetener out if you want as the banana does add some sweetness, taste the batter and adjust to taste)
- 1/2 –1 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice, try blueberries, raspberries or blackberries or a mixture
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium to large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the banana then add in the milk and sweetener and mix together.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour and baking powder mixture and fold together until “just mixed.” The flour should be completely wetted but still a little lumpy.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray if needed.
- Add approx. 1/2 cup portions of the batter to the pan.
- Once you’ve added the pancakes into the pan, spread a few berries on top of each pancake. For double banana goodness, add some sliced banana too.
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat until the middle starts to bubble and they look dry and firm around the edges. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Serve right away. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge or frozen and reheated as needed.
Keywords: oil-free, sugar-free, easy, fast