- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium to large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the banana then add in the milk and sweetener and mix together.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour and baking powder mixture and fold together until “just mixed.” The flour should be completely wetted but still a little lumpy.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray if needed.
- Add approx. 1/2 cup portions of the batter to the pan.
- Once you’ve added the pancakes into the pan, spread a few berries on top of each pancake. For double banana goodness, add some sliced banana too.
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat until the middle starts to bubble and they look dry and firm around the edges. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Serve right away. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge or frozen and reheated as needed.
Recipe serves 2 people. Makes approximately 6 pancakes but will vary based on size.
For yummy pancake toppings try: peanut butter, date caramel sauce, sliced banana, fresh berries, coconut sugar, maple syrup or chia seed jam.
Sweetening options include 5-10 drops liquid stevia, 1 packet stevia or 1-3 tbsp pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, monk fruit sweetener or agave. You can leave the sweetener out if you want as the banana does add some sweetness, taste the batter and adjust to your preference.
For berries, blueberries, raspberries and chopped strawberries work well.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 67 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: vegan banana pancakes, healthy banana pancakes