While very tasty and satisfying, these healthy pumpkin oat cookies are more functional snack than decadent treat. At just 88 calories, 1 gram of fat and 17 grams of carbs each, these macro-friendly cookies are the perfect pre or post-workout energizer and easy to fit into a healthy diet.
Healthy Pumpkin Oat Cookies
Yep, it’s true, you only need 3 ingredients needed to make these! Organic pure pumpkin puree, oats and sweetener. I use organic stevia to sweeten mine, alternatively you could use a little agave or maple syrup.
I do recommend using the best pumpkin puree you can find as it’s flavour and texture is far superior to some of the cheaper brands out there. The best one I’ve found and my go-to for all my pumpkin recipes is Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin. It’s super smooth and creamy and has a delicious, subtly sweet pumpkin flavour.
Cookies for Workouts!
My favourite time to eat these cookies is part of my post-workout meal, when I’m eating most of my carbs. My post-workout meals include carbs from sources like sprouted grain toast, sweet potato, oats and brown rice, along with a protein source and some veggies. These cookies are easy to fit into part of that meal.
They can also be enjoyed before a workout on their own for a quick boost in energy. Other than that, I’ll enjoy them any time because they’re yummy, hearty and satisfying!
All Pumpkin, All The Time
If you’re missed my latest pumpkin posts, check ’em out here:
Of if you need even more pumpkin in your life, check this out: 35 Vegan Pumpkin Recipes to Make This Fall
- 2.5 cups oats
- 1 cup organic pure pumpkin puree
- 2 packets stevia or 10-15 stevia drops, or to taste
- Optional add-ins:
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts, raisins or any other dried fruit or nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a dough. Adjust sweetness as desired. Add any optional ingredients.
- Use your hands to create 10 cookie shapes.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place cookies on pan and bake for 10 minutes.
It really helps me out when you guys share my recipes, so if you have a moment do Pin, Tweet, Share or whatevs suits your fancy! And nothing makes me happier than hearing from you, especially if you try these, so leave a comment below or tag me on Insta @runningonrealfood.