No-Bake Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Balls
These no-bake vegan cinnamon sugar balls taste like a cinnamon sugar-coated donut hole! Bonus: all you need to make them is almonds, almond butter, sweetener, cinnamon and ground flax. This recipe is keto-friendly, low-carb, sugar-free, oil-free and gluten-free.
Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
To make this recipe, I used this Monk Fruit Sweetener from Lakanto. This stuff:
- Taste just like sugar but has zero net carbs, zero calories and is zero glycemic.
- Works as a 1:1 sugar replacement. It’s the mix of monk fruit and erythritol that matches sugar for use in cooking and baking.
- It’s vegan, diabetic, keto and candida-friendly, low-carb, low-sugar, non-GMO and all-natural.
- It comes in Golden and Classic, to replace brown and white sugar.
- It’s made form Non-GMO monk fruit and erythritol and has no natural flavouring, no fiber, no Maltodextrin, no Artificial flavoring or sweeteners.
I still try to keep sugar and sugar alternatives to a minimum in my diet but the Lakanto sweetener is my absolute favourite for any sweetening needs I have. It’s also PERFECT in these vegan cinnamon sugar donut holes. I’m a bit obsessed with these. I’ve made them 3 times in the past 2 weeks. They’ so yummy!
How to Make These
All you need to make these is a food processor. You could maybe skip that step and use almond flour instead of almonds but I’m not sure of the exact amount of almond flour you will need. I’ll try to test that soon and let you know! If you can to try using almond flour, just mix everything in a bowl. Otherwise, start by adding the almonds to a food processor and mixing into a coarse flour.
Once you’ve blended the almonds, add the rest of the ingredients, mix it up, roll the balls, coat them in cinnamon and sugar and that’s it!
Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Balls Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious donut hole-inspired balls:
- Cinnamon. Of course cinnamon sugar donut holes need cinnamon! You can use regular cinnamon or for some extra health benefits splurge for ceylon.
- Almonds. I used 1 cup of raw almonds in this recipe but I’ve also made them with walnuts, pecans and a mix of sunflower seeds and nuts. You can use pretty much any nut or seed but you might need to adjust the amount a bit to get the right consistency. The final dough, should be thick and easily rolled into balls.
- Almond butter. Almond butter, tahini, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter…anything works! Use your favourite. As long as it’s nice and drippy, you’re good o go.
- Ground flax. You’ll need some ground flax to help with binding. Golden or brown ground flaxseed works just fine.
- Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. This is what I used and it works beautifully and also makes these completely sugar-free and low in sugar. I used it both in the balls and for coating.
5-Minutes and 4-Ingredients!
Making these is super simple. Just blend everything up, roll into balls, coat in cinnamon sugar and set in the fridge. The texture is perfect, the taste is amazing and they’re just 138 calories a pop with just 5 grams of carbs. I hope you enjoy them!Print
These no-bake balls are insanely delicious. They taste just like cinnamon sugar-coated donut holes! Best part though? They’re sugar-free and take just minutes to make with a few basic ingredients.
- Add the almonds to a food processor and mix until they resemble a coarse flour.
- Add the rest of the ball ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Roll the dough into 10 balls.
- In a small dish, mix together the cinnamon and sugar for coating the balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until fully coated.
- Place the balls in the fridge for an hour to firm up a bit (you can enjoy right away if you like!).
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days. They can be frozen for up to 3 months but do freeze solid so you’ll have to let them thaw a little before eating.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: no-bake donut holes, cinnamon sugar donut holes, easy, keto, healthy
- Low-Fat Cinnamon Energy Balls
- Chocolate Superfood Energy Balls
- Maple Flax Energy Balls
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls