Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
These apple cinnamon muffins are full of fruity, apple chunks, packed with cinnamon flavour and studded with raisins. Although….you could sub chocolate chips for those raisins if you wanted, just sayin’….
I love the combination of apple and cinnamon, don’t you? They’re two flavours that were just meant to together. Add in sweet, little raisins and it’s an explosion of flavour with every bite! I found the best way to enjoy these was with a little pat of coconut butter.
Totally optional of course, but omg. So good. They’re also amazing topped with almond or peanut butter. A cup of coffee on the side? Even better.
These muffins have loads of flavour, big apple chunks, plenty of cinnamon in every bite and sweet raisins throughout. They’re made with whole wheat flour, sweetened naturally with maple syrup and have just 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the whole recipe.
Unsweetened applesauce reduces the amount of oil and sweetener needed and adds extra apple flavour. They’re quite low in fat, just 3 grams per muffin with a whole muffin coming in at 165 calories.
These muffins are great year round but the best on a cold fall morning, smothered in coconut or almond butter and served with a cup of your favourite tea or coffee. They’re also amazing as part of a vegan brunch spread alongside pancakes, tofu scramble, fresh berries and coconut yogurt.
More Muffin Recipes
- Healthy Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Vegan Apple Oat Protein Muffins
- Vegan Carrot Muffins
- Applesauce Muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the vinegar and almond milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, applesauce and melted coconut oil to the almond milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until “just mixed.”
- Fold in the raisins and apples.
- Spoon into 12 muffin tins
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: cinnamon raisin muffins, vegan apple cinnamon muffins