Vegan Almond Date Cookies
These vegan almond date cookies are made with dates, almonds, oats and coconut milk. They’re naturally gluten-free, have no added sugar, have a soft, buttery texture and taste like caramel.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these cookies:
- Baking soda.
- Sea salt.
- Coconut milk.
- Coconut oil.
How to Make These Cookies
To make these cookies, you’ll need to grind up some almonds. You can do this in a food processor or blender. You’re looking for a grainy flour consistency.
After that you’ll add most of the oats as well, and finely the dates until you have a grainy, crumbly dough. The mixture can then be transferred to a bowl and mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
Vegan Almond Date Cookies Recipe
These sweet treats call for just a few simple ingredients that combine to make a beautifully soft and comforting cookie with hints of caramel and almond. They’re rich, buttery, soft, warming and totally satisfying!
The recipe has no added sugar and is naturally sweetened with dates and is also gluten-free and rich in fiber. Enjoy them anytime for a snack or dessert.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
If you love these cookies, you might like these too:
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Tahini Date Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
- Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup packed, soft, pitted dates (115 g)
- 3/4 cup raw almonds (125 g)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (150 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (30 mL)
- Add the almonds to a food processor and blend into a grainy flour. Add the oats and continue mixing until you have a mixture of almond and oat flour. It doesn’t have to be super fine, if there are some larger pieces of almond left behind, that’s ok.
- Add the dates to the food processor and blend into a crumbly dough.
- Dump the food processor mixture into a mixing bowl and add the baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla and coconut oil. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes. This will help it firm up a bit as the coconut oil starts to solidify.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the dough into 12 cookie shapes and place on a baking tray. The cookies will not flatten or change shape as they bake, so press them into the shape you want before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before handling. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Keywords: flourless, no added sugar, sugar-free, almond cookies, date cookies, plant-based
This recipe was updated with new photos September 2019.