Blueberry Crumble Bars
These delicious vegan and gluten-free blueberry crumble bars are easy to make with just a few ingredients for a perfect summer dessert!
- Just 8 ingredients needed!
- Dietary Features: Vegan and gluten-free.
- Use any fresh berries or a mixture of berries.
- Perfect for a delicious summer dessert but lovely year-round too.
- Almond Flour: Fine almond flour works best but you can make almond meal at home if you don’t have almond flour available. Use a blender or food processor to blend blanched almonds as fine as you can until you have 3/4 cup or 100 g of flour.
- Oat Flour: Use store-bought or blend your own by processing rolled oats in a food processor or blender, getting it as fine as you can.
- Rolled oats: Rolled oats, large flake oats or old-fashioned oats work.
- Butter or oil: Use melted vegan butter such as Earth Balance, or melted coconut oil.
- Maple Syrup: If needed, this can be substituted with agave syrup.
- Blueberries: Use fresh blueberries, raspberries, black berries, cherries or any mixture of berries.
- Cornstarch: Needed to thicken the filling. Arrowroot powder also works.
Step-by-Step with Photos
Before You Start: Spray an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Step 1: Combine all of the dry ingredients, except for the oats, in a large bowl and mix well.
Step 2: Add the butter, maple syrup and vanilla and use your hands to thoroughly mix into a uniform dough.
Step 3: Add the oats and mix throughout.
Step 4: In a separate bowl, gently mix the blueberries, sugar (if using) and cornstarch until all the blueberries are coated.
Step 5: Add 1/2 of the crumble mixture to the baking dish, firmly pressing it down. Top with the blueberries then add the rest of the crumble on top.
Bake then let cool completely in the pan before slicing. Enjoy!
- Let cool completely before slicing and storing. This is important so they firm up properly.
- Room Temperature: Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Fridge: Store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
- Freezer: Can be frozen but the texture will change. Freeze in a sealed container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature or in the fridge before enjoying cold or warmed in the oven.
- Vegan Cranberry Crumble Bars
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Blueberry Crisp
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
- Vegan Banana Oatmeal Bars
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
For the Crumble
- 3/4 cup almond flour (100 g)
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (150 g)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted (100 mL)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup (100 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (80 g)
For the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (170 C). Spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients except the oats in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Add in the vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract and use your hands to thoroughly mix.
- Add in the oats and mix again to distribute throughout.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch, blueberries and sugar, if using. Toss to evenly coat the blueberries.
- Press 1/2 of the crust mixture evenly and firmly into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread coated blueberries evenly over crust in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes to bake or until the top is golden brown..
- After they bake, let them cool completely before slicing into squares.
- You can swap for any other fresh berries or use a mixture of berries.
- Make sure to let the bars cool completely before slicing into squares.
- Make your own oat flour by blending 150 g rolled oats in a food processor or blender until they resemble a fine flour consistency.
- Store at room temperature for 3 days in a sealed container, in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer in a sealed container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 153
- Sodium: 112 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: vegan blueberry crumble bars, gluten-free blueberry crumble bars