Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious vegan almond flour chocolate chip cookies are easy to make with 7 simple ingredients!
Looking for a grain-free and gluten-free that still delivers on taste and texture? I got you! You’ll love these almond flour chocolate chip cookies!
They’re crisp on the outside with a soft, buttery inside and are super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
They’re also ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes and take just minutes to prep for baking. Enjoy these delicious cookies for a healthier treat anytime of day!
For more almond flour cookies, try these oatmeal cookies, matcha cookies and peanut butter cookies.
- Dietary Features: Vegan (dairy-free and egg-free), grain-free and gluten-free.
- Easy to prepare in one bowl with just 7 simple ingredients.
- No raw eggs so feel free to sample the raw cookie dough, or even reserve some for a cookie dough treat.
- Delicious, melt-in-your-mouth buttery texture without added butter or oil.
- Use sugar-free chocolate chips for a low-carb cookie.
Ingredients You’ll Need
A complete list of ingredients with amounts and full instructions is located in the printable recipe card below. This section covers ingredient and substitution considerations.
- Almond Flour: These were developed specifically for blanched almond flour (not almond meal) and have not been tested with anything else.
- Almond Butter: Use drippy nut butter that’s not overly dry (like at the end of the jar).
- Maple Syrup: Use pure maple syrup or substitute it with agave syrup.
- Chocolate Chips: Use dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate if you’d like the recipe to remain vegan. For a low-carb, low-sugar cookies, use sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Baking & Flavour: You’ll need baking soda, salt and vanilla.
Add everything except for the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and stir until fully combined into a moldable cookie dough.
If the dough needs a bit of extra moisture, you can add add 1-2 tbsp plant-based milk of choice. Once you’ve mixed the dough, add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop 12 cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly using your hands.
Bake them for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Let the cookies cool on the pan until firm and then enjoy!
Notes & Tips
- Do not make flour substitutions to this recipe. It was developed specifically for almond flour, which has unique characteristics.
- For additional add-ins, try shredded coconut, raisins, cranberries or cacao nibs.
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing.
- They’re best the day they’re made. They’re still yummy after storing, just softer in texture.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days or in the fridge for 1 week
- The cookies can be frozen in a sealed container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Delicious, vegan and gluten-free almond flour chocolate chip cookies that are easy to make in one bowl with 7 ingredients.
- 2 cups almond flour (205 g)
- ¼ almond butter (60 g)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (100 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (70 g)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1–2 tbsp plant-based milk, if needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add everything except for the chocolate chips and plant based milk to a mixing bowl. Mix until you get a moldable dough. If the dough is dry and not coming together, add 1-2 tbsp plant-based milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips to mix throughout.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop 12 cookies onto the lined baking tray. Press each cookie dough slightly with your hands.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool on the baking tray for at least 20 minutes to firm and crisp, then enjoy!
Let cool completely before storing. The cookies will become softer after storing but are still yummy! They’ll keep for 4-5 days in a sealed container at room temperature or for a week or more in the fridge. They can be frozen in a freezer bag or container for 3-4 months.
Use blanched almond flour (like Bob’s Red Mill), not almond meal, and do not substitute other flours. These are developed specifically for almond flour.
Recommended to use a kitchen scale to measure ingredients accurately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: almond flour chocolate chip cookies, vegan almond flour cookies
You guys, these are amazing! I enjoy healthy food and family doesn’t but I was able to get them to eat these and they came back for more multiple times and even asked me to make them again! I’ve made this super easy recipe 3x in 3 days and it takes under 20 minutes or so start to finish so can’t beat that at all!
These chocolate chip almond cookies are amazing and super easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing!