This zucchini hummus is made without chickpeas and is easy to make in 5 minutes with just 5 healthy ingredients!
- vegan, gluten-free, bean-free and oil-free – great for those with dietary restrictions
- quick and easy – you’ll need just 5 minutes, 5 ingredients and a food processor or high-speed blender
Ingredients You’ll Need
- zucchini -use fresh zucchini
- tahini – any kind works, just make sure the only ingredient is sesame seeds…it shouldn’t have added oil or any other ingredients
- lemon – fresh lemon juice for some zip!
- salt – use a good quality sea salt for best results
- garlic – you’ll need a few cloves of fresh garlic but feel free to increase that if you’re a garlic lover!
How to Make It
Step 1. Peel and roughly chop the zucchini. You’ll need 4 cups of zucchini chunks which should be 3 small or 2 medium-sized zucchini.
Step 2. Add everything to a food processor or high-speed blender and mix on low until smooth and creamy. Adjust the seasoning if needed and enjoy!
Quick Tip: Don’t over blend or the hummus will get watered down. Once everything is broken down and the mixture is smooth, stop blending.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- try adding 1/2 cup fresh herbs to switch up the flavour, basil, cilantro and parsley are all lovely!
- use as a dip for raw veggies, fresh pita, pita or tortilla chips, a spread for sandwiches and wraps or on salads and bowls
- store the hummus in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- 4 cups peeled and roughly chopped fresh zucchini (500 g)
- 1/3 cup cup tahini (80 g)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium-size garlic cloves (about 15 g)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or more to taste
- Roughly peel the zucchini and chop into large chunks.
- Add everything to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Start blending on slow until it gets going then give it a quick blast on medium to high to smooth it out. Don’t over blend or it will start to get watered down.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed. Add more salt or lemon, or a pinch of pepper and/or cumin for additional seasoning.
- Scoop the hummus into a bowl and serve right away or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serve as a dip for raw veggies, fresh pita, pita or tortilla chips, as a spread for sandwiches and wraps, with roasted veggies or any other use you can think of.
4 cups roughly chopped zucchini is approximately 3 small or 2 medium-sized zucchini.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 99.3 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
Keywords: hummus no chickpeas, zucchini hummus, hemp seed hummus
This recipe was originally published July 5, 2013. It was updated with new photos and text July 20, 2020.