Rosemary Lemon Roasted Potatoes
Perfectly seasoned and crispy lemon roasted potatoes that make a standout side dish for holidays and everyday.
Crispy, browned, zesty and savory, what’s not to love about roasted potatoes?
These yummy bites make a delicious addition to any holiday meal or can be paired with a main dish for a tasty side any day of the week.
Though the recipe calls for boiling the potatoes before roasting, overall it’s a very simple recipe that involves a quick boil before mixing everything on a sheet pan and roasting to perfection.
- Dietary Features: Vegan (dairy-free), nut-free, soy-free.
- Perfectly seasoned with sea salt, savoury rosemary and zesty lemon.
- Crispy outside with a soft and tender interior.
- Perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Easter and Christmas.
Ingredient & Substitution Notes
A complete list of ingredients with amounts and full instructions is located in the printable recipe card below. This section covers ingredient and substitution considerations.
- Potato: I used a mixture of Yukon gold and red potatoes. Russet potatoes also work.
- Rosemary: This recipe is best with fresh rosemary but you could use dried rosemary in a pinch. Thyme also makes a nice addition!
- Lemon: 1 whole lemon should be enough to make 2 tbsp of lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Olive Oil: A small amount is used here for getting a nice crispy on the potatoes. Avocado oil works as an alternative. You can make them oil-free but the potatoes will be more puffy than crispy.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stovetop. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, chop the potatoes and prepare the lemon zest, lemon juice and chopped rosemary.
Quick Tip: If you don’t have a citrus planer, use a fine grater or chop some peel off with a sharp knife and mince as finely as you can.
Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes and boil for 7-8 minutes.
When they’re done, drain well, shake off any excess water and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
While you wait for them to cool down, preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper
Step 2: Add the cooled potatoes to baking tray with the rest of the ingredients.
Use your hands or a spatula to toss until the potatoes are all coated. Space the potatoes out in one even layer on the tray. Give them some space is key for crispiness!
Quick Tip: You can mix everything in a bowl if you prefer but I saved a dish and mixed directly on the tray.
Step 3: Roast for 30-35 minutes until crispy, browned and tender. No need to flip them, just let them crisp away in the oven until done.
Enjoy right away for a delicious side that’s perfect for everyday and special occasions.
You can they just won’t have the same texture. The will be dry and puffy instead of crispy. To make them oil-free, omit the oil and increase the lemon juice to 3 tbsp.
Definitely! You can use thyme instead of or in addition to rosemary. Oregano and parsley work well with the rosemary, or you can use parsley, dill or basil on their own.
Leftover potatoes can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet, the microwave or in the oven at 350 F until crispy again.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
Perfectly seasoned with rosemary and lemon, these crispy roasted potatoes are packed with flavour and always a hit!
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes (900 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary plus several sprigs
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Start bringing a large pot of water to a boil on the stovetop.
- While you wait, chop the potatoes into approximately 1-inch chunks and prepare the lemon juice, lemon zest and chopped rosemary.
- Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes and boil for 7 minutes.
- Drain and shake off excess water then let cool for 5-10 minutes. While you wait, preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the potatoes and sprinkle/drizzle the rest of the ingredients over them. Use your hands or a spatula to mix well then evenly space the potatoes out on the tray in on layer. If you’d like to you place a few sprigs of rosemary around the pan along with some chopped pieces of the lemon.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until tender and browned.
- Discard the rosemary sprigs and lemon from the pan and serve right away.
Leftover potatoes can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet, the microwave or in the oven at 350 F until crispy again. They’re also great for breakfast reheated in a skillet!
You can also use russet or red potatoes.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 396 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: lemon roasted potatoes, lemon herb roasted potatoes