Curried Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
What’s says Fall more than a Curried Roasted Butternut Squash Soup? This soup is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and easy to make.
Let me tell you a little bit about this soup: squash, red curry, coconut, lime, carrots, creamy, dreamy, healthy, lick-your-bowl delicious. I think that describes it pretty well! It’s easy to make, packed with nutrition and full of rich flavours. Plus it’s vegan, oil-free, nut-free and gluten-free so I hope you can all enjoy it!
This recipe makes 4 large entree-sized servings or 6 smaller starter-sized servings. If you enjoy 4 servings of approximately 450 grams each, each serving is 193 calories with 37 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fat and 5 grams of protein. You’ll also be getting 10 grams of dietary fibre with 10% of your daily calcium and iron, more than your daily vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene and about half your daily vitamin C. This recipe is also rich in potassium, folate, vitamin E and manganese.
If you serve it in 6 servings of 300 grams each, each serving will be 126 calories with 25 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fat and 3 grams of protein.
More Healthy Soups
Loving this soup? For some more yummy, easy and healthy soups, try my:
- Creamy Cauliflower Wild Rice Soup
- Spicy Vegan Black Bean Soup
- Vegan Cashew Carrot Soup
- Vegan Chickpea Vegetable Chowder
- Butternut Squash Lentil Soup
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp red curry paste (I use Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups roasted butternut squash (approx. 1 large or 2 small)
- 2 1/2 cups carrots, chopped (approx. 4 medium carrots)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut your squash in half, spoon out the seeds and place face down on a cookie sheet.
- Roast until easily pierced with a fork. This should take about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a soup pot, saute the onion and garlic in a splash of water or broth for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger, spices and red curry paste. Cook for a few more minutes, adding more water or broth as needed so it doesn’t stick.
- Add the chopped carrot.
- Peel the butternut squash, chop and add to the soup or scoop it out of the peel with a spoon and right into the soup.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Add to a blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Pour back into the pot and stir in the lime and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with fresh lime and cilantro or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: roasted butternut squash soup, curried butternut squash soup