Blueberry Coconut Vegan Pancakes
How in the world did I used to not like pancakes? Lately, I’ve been in so love with a big stack of weekend pancakes and these blueberry coconut vegan pancakes are no exception. Blueberry, coconut, maple syrup…need I say more?
Made with whole wheat flour, unsweetened coconut and plenty of berries, these vegan pancakes are filling and delicious. They’re really easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I’ve really gotten the hang of vegan pancakes. My simplest recipes being 4-Ingredient Fluffy Vegan Protein Pancakes and my Whole Wheat Fluffy Vegan Pancakes, both recipes only require a few ingredients and can be made in minutes. Now what to put on pancakes? There are so many options!
Toppings for Vegan Pancakes
- maple syrup
- Earth Balance
- pure maple syrup
- peanut butter, almond butter, tahini
- hemp seeds
- fresh berries, sliced banana or apple
- shredded coconut or toasted coconut flakes
- chocolate sauce: maple syrup, coconut oil and cocoa powder
- raisins, goji berries or dried fruit
What are you favourite pancake toppings?
As for replacing eggs in recipes like these vegan pancakes, I almost always use flax eggs. To make a flax eggs, add 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water, stir to combine and let sit for 5-10 minutes until thick and gooey. Now you have a flax egg! Make sure you use ground flax seeds rather than whole flax seeds, otherwise you’ll just have some seeds in water!
I hope you enjoy this vegan pancake recipe. They are just bursting with blueberry flavour and perfect for a cozy, weekend morning. They’re also incredibly filling and will keep you powered-up well into your day. I enjoyed my stack with a delicious Americano and after I relax a little longer I’ll be heading out for a long run on this spectacular Vancouver winter day. Weekend bliss.
More Vegan Pancake Recipes
Loving these? Here are some more popular pancake recipes:
- Vegan Chickpea Flour Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Banana Pancakes with Berries
- Vegan Chia Seed Pancakes
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseeds+ 3 tbsp water)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp unsweetened fine coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or another sweetener of choice such as coconut sugar or stevia
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- frozen blueberries
- Mix the flax egg and set aside.
- Mix the baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut and flour together in a bowl.
- Add the milk, vinegar, sweetener and flax egg and mix together until “just mixed.”
- Drop heaping 1/4 cup sized portions into a lightly-oiled non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Spread a spoonful of frozen blueberries into each pancake as it cooks.
- Once a few bubbles appear and the sides look browned and dry, flip.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!
- Makes 6-8 pancakes to serve 2-3 people.
Keywords: coconut pancakes, vegan blueberry pancakes, easy, oil-free, fluffy