It’s been a while since I shared a no-bake bar recipe so let’s bring ’em back with these chocolate coconut chia seed bars! These bars are super easy to make, you only need a few ingredients and there is no baking or blending required!
Chia seeds are one of my favourite ingredients. I love making chia pudding, adding them to oats, smoothie and baking and using them in all sorts of snack recipes!
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- nutrient-dense, 1 oz of chia seeds contains: 11 grams of fibre, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat as well as a good amount of calcium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, B vitamins and phosphorus
- high of amount of antioxidants
- very high in fiber
- great source of plant-based protein
- gram for gram, more omega-3’s than salmon
- good for bone health thanks to calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein
- have been shown to improve blood pressure in diabetics, and may also increase healthy cholesterol while lowering total, LDL, and triglyceride cholesterol
Basically, if there was an example of true superfood, chia seeds would be it and what better way to use them in these easy, no-bake bars!
These delicious bars also contain oats, coconut and peanut butter, all which contribute their share of carbs, protein and fat to fuel your busiest days and of course, they all taste great!
Chocolate Coconut Chia Seed Bars
- no food processor or blender required
- prep in 5 minutes
- healthy, homemade snack
- taste amazing straight from the freezer
- made with simple, common ingredients
- packed with plant-based nutrition
- vegan and gluten-free
What’s not to love! In fact, I’m finding them a little addictive, so be careful, jsut sayin’.Print
Chocolate Coconut Chia Seed Bars
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 10 bars
- Category: Snack
- 1.5 cups (165 g) quick oats
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1/4 cup (50 g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink sea salt (optional but I love the hint of salt)
- 1/4 cup (75 g) natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (80 g) pure maple syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup together in a small bowl in the microwave or on the stovetop in a small saucepan. Whisk so it’s well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper then add the mixture.
- Press down firmly and thoroughly.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Lift and cut into 10 bars.
Adapted from my Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Granola Bars.
These bars need to be kept in the freezer or fridge to hold together properly. FYI, they taste amazing pulled straight from the freezer!
The salt is optional but recommend. I love the sweetness from the maple syrup combined with the sea salt. Tastes amazing!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 23 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Guys, I really love to hear from you so if you make this recipe, please come back and leave me a comment with your feedback! You can also connect on social media @runningonrealfood, it makes my day whenever every time someone tags me on Instagram with their version of one of my recipes. Thanks so much! Love, Deryn.