You might have heard me talking about these little treats across social media these last few days and as promised voila – Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Orange Brownies! The first batch I made was a Raw Salted Almond Brownie with Peanut Butter Frosting, but the frosting didn’t work out and the brownies were just a touch too gooey. Round 2 on the other hand – success! I had some mandarin oranges on the counter and figured chocolate + orange = delicious! Am I right? I think so.
You only need 6 ingredients for these simple, raw and vegan treats and if you want to eat one for breakfast (like I just did) go ahead! They don’t have one little, itty bit of added sugar, instead they’re sweetened naturally with dates.
Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Orange Brownies
These brownies have no added sugar, plus they’re high in fibre, essential fatty acids, protein and healthy carbohydrates, making them an excellent pre-workout snack or treat anytime of day. Make a batch ahead of time, wrap individually and store in the fridge so you have an easy snack on hand all week! Enjoy!Print
You only need 6 ingredients for these simple raw and vegan brownies. They’re healthy enough to eat anytime of day for a snack but decadent enough to enjoy as a dessert too!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup soft dates
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa
- 3 heaping tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor and mix well, you may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times. Leave some chucks of almonds in there for some crunch.
- Place a piece of wax paper into a 7×7 square baking pan then press the mixture into the pan.
- Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!
- Store any extras in the fridge in a container.
- If your dates aren’t soft and moist, soak them for 10-15 minutes in warm water.
- The almond butter should be fairly oily, not dry.
- To make the orange zest, simple grate the peel of an orange until you have about 2 tsp.
- If you don’t like the orange, simple omit it – they’re just delicious without it too!