You might have heard me talking about these little treats across social media these last few days and as promised voila – Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Orange Brownies! I had some mandarin oranges on the counter and figured chocolate + orange = delicious! Am I right? I think so.
You only need 6 ingredients for these simple, raw and vegan treats and if you want to eat one for breakfast (like I just did) go ahead! They don’t have one little, itty bit of added sugar, instead they’re sweetened naturally with dates.
Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Orange Brownies
These brownies have no added sugar, plus they’re high in fibre, essential fatty acids, protein and healthy carbohydrates, making them an excellent pre-workout snack or treat anytime of day. Make a batch ahead of time, wrap individually and store in the fridge so you have an easy snack on hand all week! Enjoy!Print
You only need 6 ingredients for these simple raw and vegan brownies. They’re healthy enough to eat anytime of day for a snack but decadent enough to enjoy as a dessert too!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup packed, soft pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (sub regular cocoa powder)
- 4 tbsp almond butter (60 g)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest (optional, omit for regular brownies)
- Add the almonds to a food processed and mix until mostly broken down, leaving a few large peices behind for some crunch.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough. The dough should come together into one big ball as it processes. If it seems too dry, add warm water 1 tbsp at a time until the dough all comes together.
- Line a small square baking pan (mine was 7 x 7 inches) with wax paper, parchment paper or saran and then firmly press the dough into the pan.
- Set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy! Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.
- If your dates aren’t soft and moist, soak them for 10-15 minutes in warm water and drain well before using.
- The almond butter should be drippy, not dry otherwise they won’t hold together.
- To make the orange zest, simple grate the peel of an orange until you have about 1 tbsp. If you don’t like the orange, simple omit it. They’re delicious without it too!