No-Bake Chocolate Orange Brownies
These no-bake chocolate orange brownies are easy to make in a food processor with just 6 simple, wholesome ingredients.
- dietary needs: vegan, gluten-free, no addeds sugar, oil-free
- quick and easy: you’ll need just 6 ingredients and a few minutes of prep time
- healthier holidays: the twist of orange makes these a wonderful healthy holiday dessert
- almonds – use plain, raw almonds with no added oil or salt, can be subbed with walnuts, pecans or any combination of the three
- dates – any variety is suitable as long as they’re soft and moist
- cocoa powder – regular cocoa powder or raw cacao powder both work great
- almond butter – sub with peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini
- orange zest – you’ll need a whole orange to make the orange zest, the zest is optional but adds a fun flavour twist!
Step by Step Method
Step 1. Add the almonds to a food processor and blend into a coarse, grainy flour. A few larger chunks left behind are ok but they should be mostly broken down.
Step 2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix into a thick, sticky dough you can easily press together between your fingers. The dough should come together into one big ball as it processes.
Quick Tip: If it mixture seems too dry, add warm water 1 tsp at a time until the dough all comes together. If your dates were moist it shouldn’t be an issue but if they were a little dry, you may need 1-2 tsp.
Step 3. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper then firmly press the dough into the pan. Pop the whole pan into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Lift the bars out of the pan, cut into 8 bars or 12 square and enjoy!
- Fridge: In a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: In a sealed container or freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
- No-Bake Chocolate Espresso Brownie
- No-Bake Vegan Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- Double Chocolate Raw Vegan Brownies
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- No-Bake Chocolate Almond Bars
- Add the almonds to a food processor and mix until mostly broken down. It should resemble a coarse, grainy flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough you can press together between your fingers. The dough should come together into one big ball as it processes. If it seems too crumbly, add 1 tsp warm water and blend again, repeat as needed until the dough is sticky.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or saran and then firmly press the dough into the pan.
- Set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 bars or 12 squares and enjoy!
Dates: Dates must be soft and moist. If your dates are overly dry, soak them for 10-15 minutes in warm water and drain well before using.
Orange Zest: To make the orange zest, simply grate the peel of an orange until you have about 1 tbsp. If you don’t like the orange, you can go ahead and leave it out.
Storing: In a fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks. In the freezer in a sealed container or freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: chocolate orange brownies, no-bake chocolate brownies