- Add the almonds to a food processor and mix until mostly broken down. It should resemble coarse flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough. The dough should come together into one big ball as it processes. If it seems too dry, add warm water 1 tbsp at a time until the dough all comes together. It should be very thick and sticky.
- Line a small square baking pan (mine was 7 x 7 inches) with wax paper, parchment paper or saran and then firmly press the dough into the pan.
- Set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 bars or 12 squares and enjoy! Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.
- If your dates aren’t soft and moist, soak them for 10-15 minutes in warm water and drain well before using.
- The almond butter should be drippy, not dry otherwise they won’t hold together.
- To make the orange zest, simply grate the peel of an orange until you have about 1 tbsp. If you don’t like the orange, you can go ahead and leave it out.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: raw, easy, simple