- Add the almonds to a food processor and mix until mostly broken down. It should resemble a coarse, grainy flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough you can press together between your fingers. The dough should come together into one big ball as it processes. If it seems too crumbly, add 1 tsp warm water and blend again, repeat as needed until the dough is sticky.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or saran and then firmly press the dough into the pan.
- Set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 bars or 12 squares and enjoy!
Dates: Dates must be soft and moist. If your dates are overly dry, soak them for 10-15 minutes in warm water and drain well before using.
Orange Zest: To make the orange zest, simply grate the peel of an orange until you have about 1 tbsp. If you don’t like the orange, you can go ahead and leave it out.
Storing: In a fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks. In the freezer in a sealed container or freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: chocolate orange brownies, no-bake chocolate brownies