So, has any else noticed has fast the summer is going by? What is up?! Just. flying. by. However, as fast as it’s going by I’m okay with it because..wait for it…I’m starting to look forward to Fall. Yes, it’s true. Can you tell I’m from the West Coast?? This is usually around the time I start to crave rain and pumpkin and cozy sweaters and running the SeaWall on chilly, Fall days, and dishes like Thai Red Curry Lentils.
I know Fall is just around the corner here in Vancouver and although I plan to fully enjoy the last weeks of summer, I’ll be waiting to welcome crisp Fall days when they arrive. And more red curry lentils, of course! Healthy comfort food at it’s best.
Thai Red Curry Lentils
These red curry lentils definitely better suited to the upcoming season rather than summer, but if you love Thai food as much as me, these flavours are welcome any time of year. I love lentils and include them often in my weekly meal plans. I usually just make a big batch of red or green lentils on the weekend so I have them ready to throw into dishes all week.
How to cook lentils
Lentils are very easy to cook. If you’re making plain lentils, simply place lentils in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to boil and then simmer, covered until cooked, which typically takes 30-35 minutes. You want them to be tender but not mushy, so be careful not to overcook them.
Set it and forget it
These red curry lentils are very easy to make. You basically just add it all into a pot and let it simmer until the lentils are cooked. Cauliflower and carrot are added for extra nutrition, flavour and texture making this dish filling, satisfying, comforting and delicious. This recipe is high in plant-based protein, high in fibre and low in fat.
My Coconut Red Lentil Dahl is one of my most popular recipes, but I think this new lentil recipe might give it a run for its money! Enjoy!!Print
Thai Red Curry Lentils with Cauliflower and Carrot
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-8
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 cups uncooked red lentils
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 crown cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, optional, only add if it’s too thick as it’s cooking
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring.
- Add the red curry paste and cook for another minute or two, stirring.
- Add the coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, tamari and lentils.
- Simmer over low heat, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for another 15-20 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally, until everything is soft and cooked. If it gets too thick as it’s cooking, add a little water.
- Serve over rice or noodles with fresh cilantro and lime.