Last night I was getting a little hungry a few hours after dinner and I decided it had to be something sweet. I had a fresh container of medjool dates ready to go, so I grabbed the rest of the ingredients out of the pantry and no-bake almond oat bars came to be. All you need to make these is dates, oats, almonds, peanut butter, hemp seeds and maple syrup.
Clean Energy Bars
These would make a great snack for hiking or any other endurance activity. They pack tons of clean energy, healthy fats and vitamins. If you’re heading out for a day of fun outdoors, try wrapping them individually for an awesome homemade energy bar. You can cut them into whatever size you like, I made mine into 9 squares but you could definitely make them a little larger.
Here are some other good choices for healthy snacks on-the-go:
- Raw Hemp Seed Brownies
- Low-Fat Cinnamon Energy Balls
- Coconut Banana Energy Bars
- Vanilla Espresso Date Energy Bars
If you don’t have any hemp seeds on hand you can sub chia seeds or even ground flax. You can use any kind of nut butter in place of the peanut butter but make sure it’s not too dry, it should be nice and goopy – yes, goopy! You’ll need it to hold the dry ingredients together.
If your mixture is too dry, try adding 1 tsp of warm water at a time until you reach the right consistency. It should stick together but not stick to your hands. Feel free to sample the dough as you go.
No-Bake Almond Oats Bars
These were described as a peanut butter candy bar by my husband, so ya they’re alright. They’re chewy and just sweet enough with a hint of peanut butter and almond. Oh, and you only need 6 simple ingredients to whip up these tasty, little vegan treats. These bars are vegan and naturally gluten-free.Print
No-Bake Almond Oat Bars
These no-bake bars make an excellent healthy snack anytime of day. They’re chewy and just sweet enough with a hint of peanut butter and almonds. Store them in the fridge for a quick snack for busy days on the go, or anytime you need a little treat.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Place the almonds and dates in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until it forms a dough and the almonds are broken down.
- Add the oats, hemp seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup and pulse until it forms a thick dough.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or saran wrap then press the dough into the pan.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for at least a few hours.
- Cut into 8 squares or bars and store in the fridge in an air-tight container.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 259 calories
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 32 grams
- Protein: 8 grams