- Place the almonds and dates in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until it forms a dough and the almonds are broken down.
- Add the oats, hemp seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup and pulse until it forms a thick dough.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or saran wrap then press the dough into the pan.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for at least a few hours.
- Cut into 8 squares or bars and store in the fridge in an air-tight container.
It’s important to use soft, fresh dates in this recipe as they add moisture and bind the bars. If you don’t have soft dates, pour boiled water over dry dates and soak for 15 minutes then drain before using.
These can be made nut-free by using sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of peanut butter and sunflower seeds instead of almonds.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 259 calories
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 32 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
Keywords: easy, healthy, best, squares, energy