This total body, core and cardio circuit workout will burn your legs, work your heart and challenge your core strength. All you need to perform this conditioning workout is a treadmill and a bit of space.
Wall Sits for Endurance
I seriously may not be able to move my legs tomorrow, 6 minutes of wall-sits…damn! Those burn!!! They actually don’t feel too bad for the first 45 seconds but the last 15 seconds my legs were totally on fire, I might have been swearing a bit. I’m glad no one was around.
Core and Cardio Circuit Workout Exercises
- 5 minute treadmill power walk. Crank the treadmill up to 15% and power walk as fast as you can for 5 minutes. This is seriously killer so don’t start out too crazy! Pick and pace and stick to it. If you don’t have access to a treadmill, you can use a stairclimber, rowing machine or do heavy resistance on spin bike. I did my hill climbs at 3.7 mph.
- 60 seconds high plank. Plank from your wrists, keep your body tight and everything in line. If you want to make this harder, place a weight plate on your back.
- 60 seconds wall sit. This is going to burn by round 3. Find some wall, sit down into a squat position and hold. You should be at least at 90 degrees if not a little lower. You’ve got 2 minutes of wall sits per round. If you want to make them harder, feel free to place a weight plate on top of your thighs!
- 20 low to high plank. Start in a plank on your elbows, then press up each arm to get into a high blank before going back down to your elbows. Do 10 leading with the right arm, 10 with the left.
- 20 plank shuffles. Start in a high plank position and walk your hands and feet 10 steps to the left and 10 steps back. Try to keep your hips level and your butt down so your body forms a straight light from the heels up to the neck.