I loved (and hated) this sprints and burpee cardio workout. I did it today on my lunch break and I was in and out of the gym in no time. It doesn’t take long but don’t let that fool you. This one hurts. All you need to perform this workout somewhere to run and a space to do burpees. You can do this workout using a treadmill, at a track or by using measured 400 and 800 metre runs outdoors.
Sprints and Burpee Cardio Workout
Alright, about this burpee conditioning workout. You’ll be performing a 400 meter, or quarter mile sprint, followed by 10 burpees as fast as you can. After that it’s right back to running, only this time it’s a 800 meter run. Next, you’ve got another 10 burpees to do before performing the whole circuit a second and third time.
How Fast to Run
This workout is designed to be complete as fast as possible so you want to crank up the intensity and push those runs hard. I ran the 400s at 9.5 mph and the 800s at 9.0 mph. Choose a pace you can maintain throughout the workout. You should be reaching your max by the end of each run. It should be uncomfortable, that’s where the good stuff is.
Make it Harder
If you want to make this workout harder, try these intensity boosters:
- Burpee box jumps instead of burpees.
- Burpee pull ups instead of burpees.
- Run on an incline.
- Add 20 walking lunges after each set of burpees.
- Add 25 kettlebell swings in between each round.
- Add 25 barbell or dumbbell thrusters in between each round.
Looking for more conditioning workouts? Try these:
- Run Intervals Strength and Conditioning Workout
- 30 Minute EMOM Conditioning Workout
- Full Body Conditioning Workout
- Tabata Sprints + Full Body Conditioning Workout