When you need a super quick and easy treat made with minimal, wholesome ingredients, give these healthy, Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies a try! They’re chewy, naturally sweetened with banana and a dash of maple syrup and they’re healthy enough to enjoy as a snack, quick breakfast on-the-go or dessert.
These little treats are oil-free, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, have no refined sugar and just simply delicious!
If you want to get crazy….crazy delicious that is, add 1/2 a cup of dairy-free chocolate chips! I 110% would have added chocolate chips to mine but didn’t have any on hand when I made these. Boo. Raisins or chopped walnuts would also be awesome, or any of the above, or ALL OF THE ABOVE! Why not, right? Cookie MONSTER!
If you prefer to go a little healthier, you can certainly go without the maple syrup, they’ll just be a tad less sweet. If your bananas are super ripe you can probably skip the maple syrup and go completely au naturel!
Please keep in mind since these have very minimal ingredients and no flour, they’re very chewy and have a dense bread-like texture. However, they really do make an awesome snack, especially before a workout, or after dinner…okay, anytime at all, and I guarantee they’ll satisfy a craving for something sweet. Enjoy!
- 1½ cup oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Optional: ½ cup mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts or raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in in a bowl with a fork until they form a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. They should be firm and slightly browned when done.