I didn’t eat pancakes all summer then all of a sudden I remembered…it’s been way too long since I had pancakes! Shortly thereafter, these 4-ingredient super fluffy vegan protein pancakes were born!
This mega easy recipe actually came about because I was low on groceries and these were the only ingredients I had kickin’ around. Luckily, they’re the only ingredients you need!
I’d recommend these for breakfast a few hours before a long run, a big hike or any tough workout that you’ve got planned.
I usually only eat pancakes on Sundays but these are so quick and easy they could work as a weekday breakfast for the family. Top them with loads of fruit and you’re all set for an active day!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup organic brown rice protein powder (I use North Coast Naturals)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (taste and add more if desired, you could also use organic stevia drops)
- 1 cup water + more as needed
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, then slowly add the water, mixing until "just mixed." It should be a little lumpy and quite thick. Add a little extra water if needed.
- Cook in a hot non-stick pan until bubbles appear in the centre of each pancake. Flip and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serves 2.
**The original recipe called for 1½ cups of water but as you'll notice below, people were finding the batter too runny. I reduced it to 1 cup but I think somewhere between 1 and 1½ cup works. Start with 1 cup and as more as needed. It works fine with 1 cup but the batter is very thick, however it does make them really fluffy that way. If you want the batter to stretch a little further and make more pancakes, add a little extra water.
If you enjoyed this recipe please take a moment to share it via your favourite social media network below! I’d really appreciate it. Thanks, guys!