Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These vegan oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies feature all the best cookie flavours all packed into one!
- Vegan, oil-free, can be gluten-free and nut-free.
- Studded with chocolate chips and raisins.
- Soft and chewy texture.
- Easy to make in one bowl in under 30 minutes.
- Nut or Seed Butter: You can use any nut or seed butter such as peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- Applesauce: Unsweetened applesauce is recommended but you can use sweetened if that’s all you have.
- Sweetener: Use cane sugar, coconut sugar or for sugar-free cookies, monk fruit sweetener.
- Flour: The recipe calls for whole wheat flour but all-purpose flour or spelt flour also works. For gluten-free cookies, use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Oats: Rolled oats, large flake oats or quick oats are all suitable.
- Chocolate Chips: For vegan cookies, use dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate, otherwise, any chocolate chips work. For sugar-free, use sugar-free chocolate chips such as Lily’s.
- Raisins: Any variety works or you can use chopped dates or cranberries.
Before You Start: Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet.
Step 1: Mix the applesauce, almond butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fully combined, smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Add everything except the raisins and chocolate chips and mix into a thick cookie dough.
Step 3: Mix in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- To make these nut-free, use sunflower seed butter for the nut butter.
- To make these gluten-free, use an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend and gluten-free certified oats.
- To make these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, omit the raisins and use 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- To make these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, omit the chocolate chips and use 1/2 cup of raisins.
- To make these sugar-free, use granulated erythritol or monk fruit sweetener,
Here are some more tasty vegan cookies to try:
- Tahini Date Cookies
- Healthy Oat Cookies
- Carrot Coconut Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
These sweet cookies feature all the good cookie flavours in one! Each bite is studded with dairy-free chocolate chips and raisins and they’re so yummy that no one will ever guess they’re vegan.
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter of choice such as almond butter or sunflower seed butter (60 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (120 g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, cane sugar or monk fruit sweetener (110 g)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour or spelt flour (120 g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (100 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup each dairy-free chocolate chips (40 g)
- 1/4 cup raisins (40 g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper or use a good non-stick pan.
- Stir the nut butter, applesauce and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and fully combined.
- Add everything except the chocolate chips and raisins and stir into a thick cookie dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Using your hands, create 12 evenly-sized balls from the cookie dough and place on the tray. Press each ball down into a cookie shape. They won’t spread much if at all when baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes then let cool completely on the pan.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperate for up to 4 days, in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 14 g
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies, vegan oatmeal raisin cookies