Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
These gluten-free vegan blueberry chocolate chip muffins are made with brown rice and chickpea flour. They use chia seeds for binding, are sweetened with coconut sugar and have light texture that’s lovely with the little bites of chocolate and blueberries.
More Vegan Muffin Recipes
I have posted a few other muffins on the blog before, there were these amazing Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Almond Butter Filling, then were was the Chunky Apple Cinnamon Muffins and these Vegan Blueberry Pecan Muffins.
Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
So about these muffins, it’s a very simple recipe and you don’t need much to make them. You can swap the fruit for whatever you have on hand, or omit the chocolate chips – but I wouldn’t recommend doing such a crazy thing. These are good any which way, but I’d suggest enjoying them warm with a pat of coconut or almond butter.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (24 g) + 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup brown rice flour (120 g)
- 1 cup chickpea flour (120 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (110 g)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (43 g measured melted)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (120 g)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (80 g)
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Mix the chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, vinegar and melted coconut oil to the chia seeds and mix to combine.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the hole. Add the blueberries and chocolate chips as well.
- Gently fold together until “just mixed.” It’s okay if there are still a few dry spots of flour. Do not over mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin tin either lined with paper cups or sprayed with a bit of non-stick cooking spray. Divide the batter evenly amongst 12 cups.
- Bake for 32 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let sit for 2 minutes, then gently lift out each muffin and place on a cooking rack to cool.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 14 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g