Easy Vegetable Chickpea Curry
This quick and easy vegetable chickpea curry might just be your new
This curry has been on rotation at our house for a couple weeks now and I just love how easy it is. I love eating far more than I love cooking, so the faster I can get meals on the table, the better. Plus simple meals mean less clean up and I’m all about that!
It calls for just a handful of simple, everyday ingredients prepared with minimal effort. Chop a few veggies, throw everything in a pan, simmer for about 10 minutes and serve. We’ve been having it over brown rice with plenty of fresh cilantro for a filling, healthy meal.
The Easiest Curry
I hope you guys enjoy this simple recipe, it’s:
quick and easy
customizable with different veggies
vegan, gluten-free and oil-free
high in protein
awesome with rice or quinoa for a filling, complete meal
More Easy Vegan Recipes
Loving this easy curry recipe? Check these out too:Print
- 1 19 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (330 g, approx. 2.5 cups)
- 2 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced (approx. 250 g)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (approx. 300 g)
- 1 medium white onion (300 g, approx. 2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 14 oz. can light coconut milk
1 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- black pepper, to taste
- Add all the veggies to a wok or large skillet, add a splash of water and cook over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Add everything else and cook for 7-8 minutes until the veggies are al dente or cooked to your liking.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa or noodles of choice and topped with fresh cilantro.
To make this even faster, throw everything in the pan at the same time. Cook for about 10 minutes and serve! It’s so easy.
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, oil-free, fast