I had almost a whole bag of mini-pretzels left over after making my Dark Chocolate-Covered Mocha Truffles and thank goodness for that because out of it came these No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars! Woop, woop!
I. am. obsessed. Sweet, salty, chewy, crunchy. Someone please come take them all away from me!! No, no, no. I take that back. I can’t and I won’t part with these! You’ll just have to make your own, I guess!
You only need 4 ingredients to make these: medjool dates, raw almonds, peanut butter and pretzels! Sweet and salty, my favourite combo, these bars are packed with energy and ready to fuel a busy day of adventures.
Plus, the crunchy texture from the pretzels is just awesome combined with the chewy dates. You’ll be dreaming of snack time all day long. I have been, anyways.
To make them just process the almonds in a food processor, then add in the dates and peanut butter to form a dough. Crush your pretzels into small pieces, mix those in, press into a lined baking pan and you. are. done. The results? A super tasty, homemade alternative to store-bought energy bars. Plus, they’re vegan and don’t require any baking! Again, woop, woop!!Print
4-Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
You only need 4 simple ingredients to make these sweet, salty, crunchy and chewy energy bars! There is no baking required, they’re vegan and they can be gluten-free if you use gluten-free pretzels.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 10 bars
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Place the almonds in a food processor and mix until they’re broken down into very small pieces, almost into a flour.
- Add the dates and peanut butter and mix until it forms a dough.
- Crush the pretzels and then add them in, pulsing just enough to mix them through. Or you can just stir them through with a spoon or your hands.
- Line a small square baking pan with saran-wrap then press the dough firmly into the pan.
- Place in the frdige for a few hours to set.
- Once they’re ready, lift out of the pan, cut into bars and enjoy! Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
The medjool dates I used were very fresh and soft. If you’re using drier dates, you’ll need to soak them first to soften. Simply place in a bowl of hot water and after 15 minutes drain well before use.