Finally the time has come to share my recipe for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! If you haven’t heard of it, it’s a great event connecting food bloggers across North America for a good cause. Raising money for Cookies for Kids Cancer, a non-profit funding therapies used in the fight against paediatric cancer, it’s a great way to connect withe the food blogger community while supporting a great cause.
I sent a dozen cookies each out to 3 Canadian food bloggers and in return I’ll receive 36 cookies back. Unfortunately, I’ve only received one set so far so I’m not able to share all the goodies with you just yet!
My cookie matches were:
For now, check out my choice of cookie – these Carob Raisin Pecan treats, just try not to eat all the dough before you you make them!Print
Vegan Carob Raisin Cookies
- 3 flax eggs (I used North Coast Naturals Daily Cleanse)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup carob chips (chocolate chips are fine too)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a non-stick cookie tray. Press each ball down slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Makes approximately 18 cookies.
Off they went in their little packages across the country! I know they all made it in once piece thanks to my matches sharing on Instagram (check out all the pics with #fbcookieswap). I hope my matches enjoyed their cookies and a big thanks to everyone who participated this year! Merry, merry, merry cookie christmas!