I’m so excited that soup season has arrived! You can definitely expect an onslaught of soup, soup, soup here on Running on Real Food in the coming months. Soup for you, and you, and you!
Fall is perfect for flavours like pumpkin, carrot, butternut squash, apple and ginger and I can’t wait to start creating with those nourishing ingredients!
If you’re new to a plant-based diet, homemade soups are a great place to start. They’re inexpensive, very easy to make and the flavour possibilities are endless! Plus, you only need a few ingredients to create most flavourful and nutritious meals.
Creamy is where I went with this incredible coconut ginger carrot soup. Did you have hear so many delicious flavours in one recipe title. Even better, this soup is an amazing immunity-booster just in time for cold and flu season.
The fresh ginger, carrot, garlic and onion are all packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to help your body defend itself this season.
To help stay healthy this cold and flu season, think rainbows when you’re creating meals. The more colour you can get in your diet, the better, making this soup the perfect place to start.Print
Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ginger and carrot and continue stirring.
- Stir in the spices and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and let simmer lightly, uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Either using an immersion blender or by placing the soup in a blender or food processor, puree until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Optional: serve with diced green onion, fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
If you find it to be too thick when you’re done, simply stir in some extra vegetable stock, water or non-dairy milk.