34 Minute Death by AMRAP Workout
This 34 Minute Death by AMRAP Workout features 4 different 7 minute AMRAP’s (as many reps as possible) workouts, one after the other with 2 minutes rest between each portion. This workout is all about pushing the pace and seeing how many reps you can complete in 7 minutes. You’ve got a full 2 minutes rest between each round, so it’s time to put your head down and go for it!
How to do this Workout
Get all your equipment set-up and a timer ready. For each 7 minute work period, you’ll be performing 2 exercises back to back, for as many reps as possible with good form. Pick a pace and try to stick to it for the full 7 minutes.You shouldn’t need to rest at all, just keep moving and see how many reps you can get! The first AMRAP is v-ups and push-ups, the second is box jumps and plate ground-to-overheads, the third is KB thrusters and deadlift high-pulls and the last one is burpees and overhead kettlebell swings.
7 Minute AMRAP 1 (0:00-7:00)
- 7 V-Ups
- 7 Push-Ups
2 minutes rest (7:00-9:00)
7 Minute AMRAP 2 (9:00-16:00)
- 7 Box Jumps
- 7 Plate Ground to Overheads
2 minutes rest (16:00-18:00)
7 Minute AMRAP 3 (18:00-25:00)
- 7 KB thrusters
- 7 KB Deadlift High-Pulls
2 minutes rest (25:00-27:00)
7 Minute AMRAP 4 (27:00-34:00)
- 7 Overhead Kettlebell Swings
- 7 Burpees
- Box or bench. You’ll need a box or bench for the box jumps in AMRAP #2. I’d recommend a 20 inch box.
- Kettlebells. I’d recommend one heavier kettlebell for the deadlift high-pulls and kettlebell swings and two lighter ones for the kettlebell thrusters. I used 12 kg kettlebells for the thrusters (go heavier if you want, I was really sore this day!) and a 24 kg kettlebell for the deadlift high-pulls and swings.
- Weight plate. I would recommend a 25 lb weight plate for the plate ground-to-overheads (men should use a 45 lb plate).
Loving this workout? Oh, I’ve got more for you! Give these a try:
Strength and Conditioning EMOM Workout // 40 Minute Full-Body EMOM Workout // 30 Minute Full-Body Strength Training Workout // 30 Minute Aerobic Conditioning Workout // 3-Part CrossFit AMRAP Workout // 30 Minute Running and AMRAP Workout
An original concept, I’ll be changing it up a bit and put it into one of my training session. Thanks for the inspiration!
Another excellent full-body workout, Deryn. You can do anything for seven minutes, right? Yes! As long as you choose your weights wisely because you’ll be doing about eight or nine sets of each seven-rep exercise per AMRAP, depending on how quickly you move through the exercises. The two-minute rest period is the perfect amount of time to catch your breath and get ready for the next round. I am living proof that it’s not “really” death by AMRAP. Close though. 🙂
That’s awesome! Glad you didn’t die..haha!