32 Minute Skipping and Burpee EMOM
This 32-minute skipping and burpee EMOM features 4 movements, performed for 8 rounds. All you need for this workout is a skipping rope and a dumbbell.
This workout is performed EMOM-style, or every minute on the minute. To do this, start a timer and kick things off with the 16 dumbbell clean and jerks, then rest until the timer reaches 1 minute.
At 1:00, skip for 1 minute, then move right into the burpees at 2:00. Once you’re done the burpees, rest until 3:00 and finish with the 20 jumping lunges. This is one round. Continue this pattern for 32 minutes, or 8 total rounds.
Perform the following, every minute on the minute, for 32 minutes:
- 16 single-arm dumbbell hang clean and jerks (8 per arm)
- 1 minute skipping
- 12 burpees
- 20 jumping lunges
- I used a 35 lb. dumbbell for the hang clean and jerks. Choose a weight that allows you to complete the 16 reps “unbroken”, or without resting until all reps are completed. Click here for a video description of this movement.
- If you’re not able to do jumping lunges, do reverse lunges at bodyweight or hold the dumbbell in a goblet position.
- Don’t have 32 minutes. Try 16, 20 or 24 minutes.
- If you’re struggling to complete the specified reps, reduce the cleans to 12-14 reps and/or the burpees to 8-10.
- This workout is great for holidays when you have limited equipment available. Bring your skipping rope, hit the hotel gym and get to work!